GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"10 Gamecube games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/11/02 at 10:48
Regular
Certainly, when I bought my GameCube a few months back, I didn't expect to have so many so soon. As a month or two passed, and I became familiar with the release schedule, I predicted I would have 15 games by new year. I'm still more or less on course for this.

If the clone wars is indeed released today, I'll have 11 games. With the other 2 star wars games hot on its heels, it will soon be 13 games in my possession.

However, I've made the decision not to go over 15 games by new year, including new years day (and hence, Metroid Prime!!).

So, to guide my hand, here are the games I have:

Burnout
Super Monkey Ball
Luigi's Mansion
Star Wars: Rogue Leader
Super Smash Bros
Pikmin
ISS2
Super Mario Sunshine
Turok: Evolution
Wave Race: Blue Storm

Add to that the three Star Wars titles, and I have 13 games.

So now I need to choose 1 more (since Metroid Prime will undoubtably be the 15 game) from the following:

Die Hard
Starfox Adventures
Reign of Fire
007: Nightfire
Mario Party 4
Bomberman Generations

Help me out here.
Fri 15/11/02 at 10:48
"Darkness, always"
Certainly, when I bought my GameCube a few months back, I didn't expect to have so many so soon. As a month or two passed, and I became familiar with the release schedule, I predicted I would have 15 games by new year. I'm still more or less on course for this.

If the clone wars is indeed released today, I'll have 11 games. With the other 2 star wars games hot on its heels, it will soon be 13 games in my possession.

However, I've made the decision not to go over 15 games by new year, including new years day (and hence, Metroid Prime!!).

So, to guide my hand, here are the games I have:

Burnout
Super Monkey Ball
Luigi's Mansion
Star Wars: Rogue Leader
Super Smash Bros
Pikmin
ISS2
Super Mario Sunshine
Turok: Evolution
Wave Race: Blue Storm

Add to that the three Star Wars titles, and I have 13 games.

So now I need to choose 1 more (since Metroid Prime will undoubtably be the 15 game) from the following:

Die Hard
Starfox Adventures
Reign of Fire
007: Nightfire
Mario Party 4
Bomberman Generations

Help me out here.
Fri 15/11/02 at 11:13
Regular
hmmm die hard is meant to have problems, star fox okay but not great, night fire...... if things go the same with EA 007 games whats the point the only game i would get is mario party 4 and a waverbird :D
Fri 15/11/02 at 11:13
Regular
what about Timesplitters? If not, then Die Hard I'd say
Fri 15/11/02 at 11:19
Regular
I think Bomberman would be a good idea. Considering it's supposed to have amazing multiplayer and a good 1-Player to boot. I ordered it way back in August.
Fri 15/11/02 at 12:26
"Darkness, always"
Why buy a wavebird?

What point is there to this?
Fri 15/11/02 at 12:28
Regular
"Australian Person."
Starfox or Mario Party. Depends what you like really.
Fri 15/11/02 at 12:28
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Mario Party 4 looks the nuts.

I would also recommend timesplitters 2.
Fri 15/11/02 at 12:34
"Darkness, always"
Timesplitters really doesn't appeal to me.

Neither does Resident Evil before anyone puts that forward.

And the first person to mention Doshin gets a smack in the teeth.
Fri 15/11/02 at 12:40
Regular
Starfox wins in the single player department, although if you're a multiplayer fan, Bomberman and Mario Party should be cool.
Fri 15/11/02 at 12:42
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I know what you mean about not expecting to have so-many games so-soon.

I felt the same way when I first got my Cube back in June. And as I looked at all the future releases planned for 2002 my wanted list compiled from those games was actually only about 10 games, when it's not risen to over 15. I've got about 12 at the moment, and there are at least 5 more that'll be released before the year's out that I'll be getting at one point.
It's mainly down to other people's comments that I have actaully gone out and brought (or won) games like Monkey Ball and Pikmin that I would've otherwise ignored for Luigi's Mansion and Mario SunShine.

I always thought 2003 was gunna be much-bigger, but now I can't really see that happening. Maybe it's too early to tell, but there only really seem to be a few games (like Mario Kart and Zelda) that really stand-out from the rest. And I was so-sure there would be so-many more...
Maybe there will be... Only time will tell.

Oh, and out of the games you mentioned I'd go for StarFox Adventures, definitley, and either Die Hard (released today) or Nightfire to go with it. Those 2 for now, some of the others later. But if you've got friends near you who actually WANT to play GameCubes then you should also get Mario Part 4 I reckon.
I don't know much about the others, but I've heard Bomberman isn't as-great-as the GBA version.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.