GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"10 Gamecube games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/11/02 at 10:48
Regular
Certainly, when I bought my GameCube a few months back, I didn't expect to have so many so soon. As a month or two passed, and I became familiar with the release schedule, I predicted I would have 15 games by new year. I'm still more or less on course for this.

If the clone wars is indeed released today, I'll have 11 games. With the other 2 star wars games hot on its heels, it will soon be 13 games in my possession.

However, I've made the decision not to go over 15 games by new year, including new years day (and hence, Metroid Prime!!).

So, to guide my hand, here are the games I have:

Burnout
Super Monkey Ball
Luigi's Mansion
Star Wars: Rogue Leader
Super Smash Bros
Pikmin
ISS2
Super Mario Sunshine
Turok: Evolution
Wave Race: Blue Storm

Add to that the three Star Wars titles, and I have 13 games.

So now I need to choose 1 more (since Metroid Prime will undoubtably be the 15 game) from the following:

Die Hard
Starfox Adventures
Reign of Fire
007: Nightfire
Mario Party 4
Bomberman Generations

Help me out here.
Sat 16/11/02 at 01:05
Regular
screenshots.... dont show everything.
Sat 16/11/02 at 00:30
Regular
I'd go with James Bond from the screenshots, Die Hard's good but not amazing. Lots of good ideas but the controls let it down.
Fri 15/11/02 at 23:38
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I'd say one from the first three... Die Hard, Starfox of Reign of Fire.

Because the bond game will probably be another average shooter, Mario Party will be good, but only with 4 controllers and some beers, and bomberman will also be good with 4 players, but probably not as good as Mazza Party or indeed as good as the bomberman games on the old 16 bit consoles...

Die Hard sounded like it had some decent ideas in it, but I haven't played it... Starfox sounds like a risk from all the different reviews it's been getting... but I'd get it to check it out and if it is bad just take it back... and reign of fire just intrigues me because it has dragons. And dragons rule.
Fri 15/11/02 at 20:51
Regular
Go with StarFox Adventures - it'll keep you going for a while.
Fri 15/11/02 at 20:07
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I'm the other way around. With my N64 I owned probably every decent to great game there was (a lot I know) at one time or another but since the gap between waiting for Cube I didn't play much only read the news etc.

Now I own five games, Mario, Smash Brothers, Star Wars, Tony Hawks and Luigis Mansion. The one I've played the most? Tony Hawk.

I just don't play them, my Cube is hardly touched, Mario is on 40 stars and has been since for a long time, Star Wars is at about level 4 (I think this game is totally crap) and Smash Brothers, well I think I unlocked Jiggly Puff on my first and only go at going through the game. I feel like I'm wasting my money, I also think I'm ill.

I'm more interested in reading about games etc rather than playing them, argh!

(N64 forever!)
Fri 15/11/02 at 18:51
"Uzi Lover"
Totally see what you mean about the long list of games, I never thought I'd have this much. My Timesplitters 2 arrived this morning and I counted I had about seven or eight GC games altogether.

Then I quickly come on the PC in the morning to check emails and stuff and realise I've won another GAD which will most probably be used for another GC game bringing my tally up higher.

I can't compelte one game because I keep getting others!

The other day I was trying to finish Wave Race then Mario came along. Then I was trying to get through that, got far then Vice City came along. I was doing well in Vice City now Timesplitters have arrived. ARGHHHHH!

And I want to claim Starfox which would turn up on friday which will make things go wrong again.

Oh well, I can always go back to them :-)

Will just have to wait a week to play Starfox as I am on holiday from next Friday in Egypt.
Fri 15/11/02 at 16:28
Regular
Doshin.
Fri 15/11/02 at 15:15
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Can't be bothered buying Wavebird, just collect some stars on NintendoVIP and get it that way.
Fri 15/11/02 at 15:11
Regular
i am with a waverbird....... my forth controller ever than and multiplayer madness :D
Fri 15/11/02 at 15:09
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Must you ask? You get Mario Party 4 :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.