GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube, king of the consoles?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/03/02 at 20:01
Regular
Why do people think gamecube is aimed at young gamers? is it because nintendo has mario as its mascot? Perfect Dark, Resident Evil, WrestlemaniaX8 and Agent Under Fire. there not for 4 year olds! SuperSmashBro? maybe (but i still love it)
Wed 20/03/02 at 19:47
Regular
"hit the road jack"
I hate people who say that GameCube is crap when they havn't seen it. If they have played on it fair comment but everyone has their own opinion. It's not right that it is considered as a kiddy console for the whole family 1. because that sentence is so cheesy and 2. that is not true, just because nintendo are so damn great at their platforers everyone thinks that all nintendo produce. And the speed of the console doesn't matter, it runs esactly the same a the x-box, whoppee 300mhz difference, its the games that matter who agress z(:n.) -homer
Fri 15/03/02 at 17:44
gamecube king of the consoles= true. ps2 or xbox king of the consoles= false gamecube rules i think there are more "adult" games in the current launch line-up thanthere are "kiddy" games gamecube is the console i'm going to get.

PS i'm not a kid i'm 16
Thu 14/03/02 at 15:20
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I think its the fact that most of the popular games that got released on the 64 were seen as being very "childish" with cute graphics. Although some idiot is going to moan that Perfect Dark was an 18 and then use that as their arguement to say it wasn't a kiddy game, you look at most of the other well known games on the 64:
Zelda - Looks childish, meant for all ages.
Donkey Kong - Monkey and bannanas, sounds childish to a lot of people.
Smash Brothers - Mario, Pikachu, Yoshi. Do I need to say anything else?
MarioKart - Mario Again
Jet Force Gemini - Cartoony graphics
And there are many others like Diddy Kong, etc...
I know there were a few more violent games like PD, Goldeneye or Conkers BFD but when people see games like the ones above then they immediatly think of the games being very childish.
And that is how Nintendo has got a reputation of being childish.
Thu 14/03/02 at 12:36
Regular
What I don't get is why people think that these bright coloured cartoony games are "kiddie".

The ironic thing is that the real kiddies go on to play on violent red certificate games so that they can pretend they're grown up...
Wed 13/03/02 at 21:04
Regular
"hit the road jack"
are we all settled? all consoles have a good age vary related game selection? i damn hope so coz this is gonna last!
Wed 13/03/02 at 20:31
Regular
grumpyboyquinton wrote:
> Edgy wrote:
> grumpyboyquinton wrote:

because of the design and
>
> colours on the
> controller and the fact that a lot of the games are based
> on
> monkeys
> picking up bananas.

I thought the PS2 was being
> released in 6
> "kiddie"colours as a limited edition range?

A
> lot of the games are
> based on monkey's picking up bananas? Well at the
> moment there's just Super
> Monkey Ball, as opposed to the 5, or is it 6
> games containing a bandicoot that
> picks up apples?

and who neccessarily
> said i was a sony kid?

No one, I was just stating that games on Nintendo systems aren't the only ones with animals collecting fruits, or with colourful consoles.
Wed 13/03/02 at 20:29
Regular
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> I honestly never even considered that Nintendo was a "kiddy"
> company

Then I started seeing letters on Digi with Sony zealots saying it was
> for kids and stuff

Idiots

suprise suprise as he backs up his fellow regular.
Wed 13/03/02 at 20:28
Regular
"That's right!"
I honestly never even considered that Nintendo was a "kiddy" company

Then I started seeing letters on Digi with Sony zealots saying it was for kids and stuff

Idiots
Wed 13/03/02 at 20:27
Regular
jc99041 wrote:
> this is decent! i could see this becoming larger than the hunt for binladen!

what?
Wed 13/03/02 at 20:25
Regular
"hit the road jack"
this is decent! i could see this becoming larger than the hunt for binladen!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.