GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The NOM DVD....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/11/02 at 10:18
Regular
Really is rather good. It's got loads of footage of new gams, and a groovy into sequence. But there are 3 problems...

1) Where..are...the...demos??
2) The narrator is obviously just reading from script, and has no idea about games (lame example I know, but he said N - E - S (seperate letters) instead of just NES.
3) Whats with the exploding disk??

Everything else was good however. Play it on a surround sound TV, it sounds great. Really :D
Tue 19/11/02 at 20:37
Regular
Belldandy wrote:
> My description was a little off, but with two pages of letters it
> wasn't that far off. Anyway, p104, letter titled "We're all
> doomed" has the magic line.

I see it. And I still agree there's an upside to it all.

> Useless? Come back and say that on Perfect Dark 0's release date, and
> Kameo's and the other four games Rare will produce over the next two
> years for the Xbox.

Perfect Dark 0? With that new look, the Goldeneye team gone and the original not shaping up to expectations things are looking very bleak for that FPS. I'll stick with my Timesplitters 2, Die Hard: Vendetta and Metroid Prime, thank-you very much.

And as for Kameo, Pokemon on the GameCube will easily beat it (providing rumours are true). Plus, four games in two years? Sounds like Microsoft are rushing Rare into a frantic frenzy of games - EA style.

Sorry, but Rare are no use to Nintendo, and if they got $230,000,000 for that, I'm not arguing.
Mon 18/11/02 at 20:39
Regular
Belldandy wrote:

> Useless ? Come back and say that on Perfect Dark 0's release date, and
> Kameo's and the other four games Rare will produce over the next two
> years for the Xbox.

I don't useless is the right term but they're certainly not the company they used to be, starfox Adventures reviews speak for themselves. That game took them around 3 years to make which is a bit worrying.
Mon 18/11/02 at 20:26
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Maverick42 wrote:
> I have no idea what you're talking about - I can't find anything. But
> there ARE upsides to losing Rare. $250,000,000 for a useless company
> is one...

My description was a little off, but with two pages of letters it wasn't that far off. Anyway, p104, letter titled "We're all doomed"
has the magic line.

Useless ? Come back and say that on Perfect Dark 0's release date, and Kameo's and the other four games Rare will produce over the next two years for the Xbox.

~~Belldandy~~
Mon 18/11/02 at 20:25
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
When i go into games section of the Dvd it comes up as 4 blank grey boxes...
Mon 18/11/02 at 19:49
Regular
Belldandy wrote:
> Magazine was okay as well, but I'd love to know what NOM think is the
> upside of losing RARE (letter page, right corner on the second half)
> ?

I have no idea what you're talking about - I can't find anything. But there ARE upsides to losing Rare. $250,000,000 for a useless company is one...
Mon 18/11/02 at 15:17
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Just got this this morning and it's okay - I can't help feeling that this, and the whole magazine, is some kind of big GC christmas advert. Which is great, but aren't Nintendo supposed to do this and not the magazine ?

I liked the footage of Metroid, Reign Of Fire, Disney Sports, and Mario Party 4, but the rest I didn't bother with. I would've preferred more game previews, reports e.t.c like the NGC discs.

Magazine was okay as well, but I'd love to know what NOM think is the upside of losing RARE (letter page, right corner on the second half) ?

~~Belldandy~~
Sun 17/11/02 at 09:14
Regular
Sheessh.... stop arguing, will you?

Good. I was actually very impressed by the NOM DVD and magazine, and I don't mind paying an extra 35p for it either.

I agree that NES really ought to be pronounced as 3 letters (just as Nike should be pronouced as N-eye-key, and there's nothing wrong with that. It does get a little frustrating to earn that man talking with such ridiculous enthusiasm about the enormous merits of Disney Sports, though.
Sat 16/11/02 at 21:41
Regular
"Remember me?"
Whitestripes wrote:
> Edgy wrote:
> Whitestripes wrote:
> I see.
>
> So your happy to throw around accusations, but you don't don't want
> to
> actually provide any evidence?
>
>
> Why don't you just get off my back, you've done nothing but have a
> go
> at me.
> **
> Complaining again?
>
> Oh for gods sake.
>
> I'm sick of these forums, and I'm not posting anymore.

LMFAO!!!

Sorry, but the amount of times I've seen people write this and not stop posting make your statement more than moderately amusing to me.

Once again...

LMFAO!!!!!!!
Sat 16/11/02 at 21:37
Regular
Foine, see if oi care....

(talk about over-reacting to nothing....)
Sat 16/11/02 at 21:30
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> Whitestripes wrote:
> I see.
>
> So your happy to throw around accusations, but you don't don't want
> to
> actually provide any evidence?
>
>
> Why don't you just get off my back, you've done nothing but have a
> go
> at me.
> **
> Complaining again?

Oh for gods sake.

I'm sick of these forums, and I'm not posting anymore.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.