GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Operation Flashpoint"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/03/02 at 15:01
Regular
I'm sure I'm not the only person here who thinks this is one of the best soldier sims out there, I love the fact that realinsm plays such an important part in the game making it very challanging and enjoyable. Anyway here's the games very first thread for all to talk about.
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I'm sure I'm not the only person here who thinks this is one of the best soldier sims out there, I love the fact that realinsm plays such an important part in the game making it very challanging and enjoyable. Anyway here's the games very first thread for all to talk about.
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Something I forgot to add, I found out that Bohemia are making another expansion disk, this time you get to play as part of a resistance force fighting against the Russians. It’s set years before the original game and features a new island, an improved graphics engine and some new vehicles including a motorbike. Check this link to find out more info.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/temp/main_res.html
Wed 13/03/02 at 15:24
Regular
"That's right!"
Yeah we've all known about that for weeks and weeks

Should be good
Wed 13/03/02 at 18:31
Regular
mayb just mayb!
Thu 14/03/02 at 12:04
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Well the Red Hammer expansion was good and that didn't really have as much improvements as the ones announced for this new add-on, so I think it will be good. Can't wait to get me hands on that motorbike.
Thu 14/03/02 at 12:46
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Flashpoint is excellent.
I played the demo and hated it, too realistic and I kept getting shot in 2 seconds flat.

Then bought it on a whim and still hated it, seemed clunky and slow, no jumping, hard to shoot them at a distance etc etc.
But slowly it started pulling me in.
And the Red Hammer addon rules, it's a helluva harder than the original.

Now I can't play this enough.
Thu 14/03/02 at 14:16
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Bought it a while back, because Gotboy was saying how good it was..yadda yadda, only just started playing it, my old gfx card was wayyy too slow, it's a great game, I love shooting people in moving cars, still trying to fly a helicopter though! can someone tell me how to make it go up? :D it just hovers a little at the mo! gah!!!
Thu 14/03/02 at 14:28
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yeah foxed me at 1st as well.
It's whatever keys you have for crouch/stand laydown etc.

Turn engine on, press whatever the stand/crouch key is and hold on.
I know how to make it go up, I just crash a lot.
Thu 14/03/02 at 14:40
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Goatboy wrote:
> Yeah foxed me at 1st as well.
It's whatever keys you have for crouch/stand
> laydown etc.

AH! cheers! must try that out now, get that damn cnvoy on the single missions, tried chasing after it in the jeep :s
---------------

Turn engine on, press whatever the stand/crouch key is and hold
> on.
I know how to make it go up, I just crash a lot.

LOL, thats a shame, surprisingly easy to crash even when your about a foot off the ground so i've found...
Fri 15/03/02 at 23:43
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I seemed to have lost some of the game sounds. I have all the voices and ambience sounds, but no gun or explosion noises. The only explanation I can give is that new 1.46 patch. Anyone else have a problem with this new version.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.