GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stop dissin' and listen!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/10/00 at 20:40
Regular
I have been looking around the site and it seems you cannot release your views on the Next-gen consoles without being hit by a volley of abuse.
But I raise the question - has anybody PLAYED one of them? No?
We could waste our lives arguing about hardrives, modems, pixels, polygons etc, before weve even seen the consoles. I mean an Atari system had a 64 bit processor, but wasn't quite as good as the N64 was it?
I'll accept that some of you have played an imported PS2, but i'll bet it's a small majority. I'll understand that some people are loyal to Nintendo, some to Sony, but that dosen't mean that one is better than the other.
Does anyone care what the console looks like, how the controller feels in your hand, the quality and price of games, or how it looks by the TV in your bedroom?
Or do you just want to prove that the company you support is better?
The Gamecube may have better specs, and the PS2 look nicer, but can we postpone the arguments until after the consoles are released?
That is all I have to say.
Tue 03/10/00 at 20:40
I have been looking around the site and it seems you cannot release your views on the Next-gen consoles without being hit by a volley of abuse.
But I raise the question - has anybody PLAYED one of them? No?
We could waste our lives arguing about hardrives, modems, pixels, polygons etc, before weve even seen the consoles. I mean an Atari system had a 64 bit processor, but wasn't quite as good as the N64 was it?
I'll accept that some of you have played an imported PS2, but i'll bet it's a small majority. I'll understand that some people are loyal to Nintendo, some to Sony, but that dosen't mean that one is better than the other.
Does anyone care what the console looks like, how the controller feels in your hand, the quality and price of games, or how it looks by the TV in your bedroom?
Or do you just want to prove that the company you support is better?
The Gamecube may have better specs, and the PS2 look nicer, but can we postpone the arguments until after the consoles are released?
That is all I have to say.
Tue 03/10/00 at 20:46
Regular
"how the controller feels in your hand, the quality and price of games"
(Yes, I do. A lot. I want to play quality games, with a comfortable controller, and at a decent price too. So yes.)

"and the PS2 look nicer"
(No. It. Does. Not.)
Tue 03/10/00 at 23:48
>I mean an Atari system had a 64 bit processor, but
>wasn't quite as good as the N64

Actually, I think it was 2 32-bit processors - the 64-bit claim was a lie.

> I'll accept that some of you have played an imported PS2, but i'll
> bet it's a small majority. I'll understand that some people are
> loyal to Nintendo, some to Sony, but that dosen't mean that one is
> better than the other.

> The Gamecube may have better specs, and the PS2 look nicer, but
> can we postpone the arguments until after the consoles are released?
> That is all I have to say.

Followed by an attack on PS2 in the PS2 forums, assuming you are the same "superboff".

Did someone say hypocrite?
Wed 04/10/00 at 19:34
That was actually my brother who knows my password. I try to stay un-biased - he dosn't know the meaning of the word
Wed 04/10/00 at 19:48
Regular
My brain sometimes says some odd things too...
(I'll say what I damn well like.)
Wed 04/10/00 at 21:39
>That was actually my brother who knows my password. I try to stay un-biased - he dosn't know the meaning of the word

In that case, please accept my apologies. You unbiased opinion is very welcome!
Thu 05/10/00 at 18:19
Regular
"I like cheese"
Excuse me Superboff, the boy I live about 2 minutes away from and goes to school with me and is in the same class as me??? I DON'T BELIEVE YOU HAVE A BROTHER, I BELIEVE YOU HAVE A SISTER WHO I DON'T THINK GOES ON THE INTERNET MUCH AND CERTAINLY DOESN'T KNOW YOUR PASSWORD!!!
See you at school tomorrow. PS- I CAN'T WAIT 'TIL PAINTBALL!!! You did say 9am right??
PS- I'm talking to superboff here, to anyone who desn't know.
Thu 05/10/00 at 21:16
Regular
"I like cheese"
Hey, superboff, ARE YOU IN THE HOUSE FOOTBALL TOMORROW????
Thu 05/10/00 at 22:00
Regular
That sounds familiar, i'll be doing that this year!
Oh sorry you were calling for Superboff!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.