GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube's name is better than you think"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/10/00 at 20:40
Regular
I hear lots of people bash the GameCube's name. It's a cube... and it plays games- how original they say. But how about Playstation? You play games... at a computer sytle station. And Dreamcast. It allow's developers to broadcast their Dreams- Naff!

The worst culprit, however, it Playstation 2! Brilliant! It must have taken year to think of that! In fact, I remember Sony ordering publishers not to call the console the Playstation 2 aahead of it's fficial Christaning... instead they should call it the Next Gen Playstation (NGPS). Then they called the console the Playstation 2. What brilliant PR!

Rav

PS. The best console name recently is the N64. It tells people of the power behing the console and enforces the big N logo!
Tue 03/10/00 at 21:43
Regular
I like the Purple one.
(Imagine If I won a game for this message! HAH!)
Tue 03/10/00 at 20:51
Regular
(Silver is my favourite.)
Tue 03/10/00 at 20:48
I love your second post, it has style, class and it says everything!

But, hey, yeah the Gamecube name has actually grown on me and I'm looking forward to it. I have the pictures from Gamesdomain magazine (available free in most computer games shops) in front of me, I love those colours (perhaps not the pink, but it's good to see Nintendo appealing to every taste!)
Tue 03/10/00 at 20:47
Regular
(I guess that full stop was to go after your name.)
Tue 03/10/00 at 20:42
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Tue 03/10/00 at 20:40
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I hear lots of people bash the GameCube's name. It's a cube... and it plays games- how original they say. But how about Playstation? You play games... at a computer sytle station. And Dreamcast. It allow's developers to broadcast their Dreams- Naff!

The worst culprit, however, it Playstation 2! Brilliant! It must have taken year to think of that! In fact, I remember Sony ordering publishers not to call the console the Playstation 2 aahead of it's fficial Christaning... instead they should call it the Next Gen Playstation (NGPS). Then they called the console the Playstation 2. What brilliant PR!

Rav

PS. The best console name recently is the N64. It tells people of the power behing the console and enforces the big N logo!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.