GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gaming Hangover Cures"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/11/02 at 15:56
Regular
So, you've woken up feeling sick, your head is pounding and theres a really ugly girl lying next to you. You got absolutely wasted the night before and you are now in hangover town! (A.K.A - Saturday mornings)

Now, the first and foremost thing on your mind is, "How do I get rid of this awful feeling?"

Some will tell you to eat something, and you will feel better, this is a lie, quite often you will be sick.

Other might advise drinking a load of water, this works, but only beause it makes you go to the toilet so many time, your bladder is bone-dry.

The real cure to a hangover, is computer games. If you take them in the correct doseage they can make the memories of what, or who, you did the previous night, disappear.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Gaming Hangover Cure 1: Goldeneye

Yes, no doubt a classic, and a great hangover cure. You will probably have played this game so much you can complete it blindfolded. This increases the "feel-good factor" in your body and regains the self confidence that was lost when you pulled the girl all your mates call "the beached whale."

Dosage-

2 to 3 hours, best off sticking to facility and using the invisibility cheat though.

Gaming Hangover Cure 2: Pokémon

Yes it is annoying but the strange music will soothe your worrys about losing your flat key and the homeless guy who keeps winking at you.

Pokémon, the crazy Japanese game with loads of odd little monsters who can be sent to fight other crazy creatures at the push of a button, is rather thereputic. Side affects can include repetitive stress disorder though.

Dosage-

About 1 hour, do not exceed 2 hours a day or headaches will result

Gaming Hangover Cure 3: Age of Empires 2 (Online)

Caution: Only for experienced gamers.

Go onto an Age of Empires "newbies" game. These players are inexperienced and vunerable. Running their pitiful villagers into the ground with your knights is good anger management, and will take away the stress and strains of urinating on your next door neighbours doorstep at 3AM.

Dosage-

Up to 4 hours of gameplay, or until symptomn subside

Gaming Hangover Cure 4: Carmageddon

Running people over in a video game can appear to be a bad thing, but not when your hungover. It is like trying to drive through the city centre after 4 bottles of vodka. Carmageddon can bring bad memories back of what you did last night, but there arent any police so its all ok!

Caution - Avoid if you had your driving license revoked the previous night

Dosage - 3 hours minimum, do not exceed 6 hours though as sunlight can be beneficial.

Gaming Hangover Cure 5: Grand Theft Auto 3

Crime, Murder, Theft, Police Chases! The memories of your drunken escaped come flooding back. Re-enact last night hooliganism, or simply plan next friday night out, step by step. Kick in the heads of people you simply "dont like the look of" without getting a GBH sentence! Isnt life great!

Dosage - Unlimited (Its all good)

So next time you wake up covered in vomit, wearing a balaclava, or simply feeling a little rough, turn to gaming hangover cures.

Thanks for reading

-Kyz˛˛-
Mon 06/01/03 at 12:07
Regular
"Spanish Hardcore"
Another well deserved GAD Kyz.
Wed 20/11/02 at 16:52
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Congrats on your GAD Kyz, well deserved me thinks.
Wed 20/11/02 at 16:26
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I got me a GAD for this, im so pleased, thanks alot Special Reserve

*grins insanely*
Mon 18/11/02 at 18:57
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
torticollis wrote:
> i posted my compliment before you read mine.

Oh, soz, u musta posted as I was writing my post so I didnt see it till I had already posted and it was too late.
Mon 18/11/02 at 16:59
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
B@zzm@n wrote:
> So how come you've calmed down now Torcullius

GAH. Read s"taffies read this" by psycot332. it will explain everything and hopefully make people realize that it wasn't me who waas so offensive.
Mon 18/11/02 at 16:56
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
I'll have to try this and see if it works.
Mon 18/11/02 at 16:55
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
So how come you've calmed down now Torcullius
Mon 18/11/02 at 16:55
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
I enjoyed it vey much though.
Mon 18/11/02 at 16:54
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
i posted my compliment before you read mine.
Mon 18/11/02 at 16:52
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
torticollis wrote:
> Kyz22 wrote:
> Anyone else read this yet? Comments if you have please - thanx
>
> shameless popping? You are starting to sound like me.

Look what I wrote in your "importance of been noobish" post and comment on mine again - please, (If that doesnt change your tune nothing will)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.