GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Its not whats on the outside, it whats in that counts!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/10/00 at 18:31
Regular
In the up coming weeks something will happen that will go down in history, November 24th to be exact. The release of the complete home entertainment system the Playstation 2 will be released. I believe sony were under intence pressure to create something great and I believe they have, being one of the thousands of people waiting for one I keep reading reviews on the net and in the paper. One thing alone is begining to annoy me, what it looks like.
Most of the reviews from the public that I have read say that the graphics and the playability are great but then they go on about that they dont like the box which all the magical components come in. They say that Sony have tried to creat something that looks too futuristic and that the colour also does not suit it, I find myself shouting at the people telling them to shut up. I would like to ask them does the N64 then look modern or does the dreamcast look just right. Ok I agree you want it to look good and sleek and I think it does, but really does it matter.
Personlly I think that the Dreamcast looked like a cheap ripoff off the PSX only smaller and with 4 control ports, but this did not stop it selling. The N64 looked big and bulky but that too also sold. So are these people saying that they will not buy the PS 2 with the DVD and the rest just because of what it looks like for a price like this, you have to be Joking!
Tue 03/10/00 at 22:07
Regular
I wouldn't think about advertising yet, i would think of when it's released here!
Tue 03/10/00 at 19:09
But think of the advertising possibilities,
Fade in, a cup of tea.
Announcer's voice "What would make this better?"
camara pans to a bowl of sugar cubes. Then to a person's smiling face drinking the tea.
Picture fades to show a person carrying some assorted objects and dropping them.
Picture shows same person carrying stuff in box.
Picture fades to a bored person playing a games console (console not shown)
Picture shows gamecube with light from behind. Then fades to person having fun with console.
Tue 03/10/00 at 18:38
Regular
The Gamecube looks cool, but some people find it to cubed like what are they thinking of? Would they rather have a cake shaped console?
Tue 03/10/00 at 18:36
Regular
But then people will say they will buy it BECAUSE of what it looks like. Those are the real fools...
However, I totally agree on the "my console looks better than yours" thingy. I personally think the design of the gamecube looks good though, so what do I know? (Not a lot apparently...:)
Tue 03/10/00 at 18:33
Regular
Hey Damo your back, maybe you can knock back the sense in the this discussion!
Tue 03/10/00 at 18:31
Regular
"360: swfcman"
In the up coming weeks something will happen that will go down in history, November 24th to be exact. The release of the complete home entertainment system the Playstation 2 will be released. I believe sony were under intence pressure to create something great and I believe they have, being one of the thousands of people waiting for one I keep reading reviews on the net and in the paper. One thing alone is begining to annoy me, what it looks like.
Most of the reviews from the public that I have read say that the graphics and the playability are great but then they go on about that they dont like the box which all the magical components come in. They say that Sony have tried to creat something that looks too futuristic and that the colour also does not suit it, I find myself shouting at the people telling them to shut up. I would like to ask them does the N64 then look modern or does the dreamcast look just right. Ok I agree you want it to look good and sleek and I think it does, but really does it matter.
Personlly I think that the Dreamcast looked like a cheap ripoff off the PSX only smaller and with 4 control ports, but this did not stop it selling. The N64 looked big and bulky but that too also sold. So are these people saying that they will not buy the PS 2 with the DVD and the rest just because of what it looks like for a price like this, you have to be Joking!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.