GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Need help on GTA Vice City"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: Vice City'.
Mon 18/11/02 at 09:45
Regular
Can't understand it I have been reliably informed that only the Nintendo can do water effects on the Camera lens. You can imagine my surprise when I saw the same effects on PS2 Gta VC and then there is the blood splattering on the lens as well.

I must be wrong though because the PS2 is old and not capable of producing graphical effects like this (that is according to some Ninty fanboys).
Mon 18/11/02 at 11:21
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
What is the point for a gta:vice city forum if you're writting your gta stuff here. That's pretty wierd. That is like is someone had 7 toilets in their house yet he felt it necessary to do his business in the backyard.

*_*DUNCE MOMENT FROM DRUNK COW*_*
Mon 18/11/02 at 10:34
Regular
Does anyone no where the Garages are on GTA VC? as i need to stash some hot wheels.
Mon 18/11/02 at 10:05
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
... and I've always said, games make the console, nothing else.
"Darkness, always"
I was under the impression that there was a dedicated forum for this toss.

Get a life you philistine.
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I could be wrong, but personally I feel the consoles are at a stage where they can't really get any better.
Mon 18/11/02 at 10:03
Regular
cjh wrote:
> I wouldn't call the PS2 old, just older than the Cube and Box.
>
> Thing is though, a console is a console, no matter who makes it, and
> with the Box, Cube and PS2 nowadays, whatever one can produce,
> graphics wise, it's almost certain the other two can do it too.
>
> So, no, effects on the screen like this arn't Gamecube only it
> appears.

This just goes to prove a point, what is the advantage of owning the other two none and that is precisely why people have not flocked to by the newer machines because they aren't any better.
Mon 18/11/02 at 09:58
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I wouldn't call the PS2 old, just older than the Cube and Box.

Thing is though, a console is a console, no matter who makes it, and with the Box, Cube and PS2 nowadays, whatever one can produce, graphics wise, it's almost certain the other two can do it too.

So, no, effects on the screen like this arn't Gamecube only it appears.
Mon 18/11/02 at 09:52
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Actually, the water on the camera lens graphical effect was first introduced/pioneered in Metal Gear Solid 2 (I think), all good Nintendo fans know this, so they don't make any silly claims that "only the Gamecube can do this".
Mon 18/11/02 at 09:45
Regular
Can't understand it I have been reliably informed that only the Nintendo can do water effects on the Camera lens. You can imagine my surprise when I saw the same effects on PS2 Gta VC and then there is the blood splattering on the lens as well.

I must be wrong though because the PS2 is old and not capable of producing graphical effects like this (that is according to some Ninty fanboys).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.