GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Have you seen the graphics of FFX???"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/03/02 at 08:21
Regular
i recently purchased FF6 and got the free demo. it's superb FFX has got to be one of the best selling games this year.
The only thing that i would ofm liked to see on the demo is actually bing able to bring up a menu when your walking around. o well i had 40 mins of fun
has anyone else got this demo and do you like it??
Tue 12/03/02 at 08:21
i recently purchased FF6 and got the free demo. it's superb FFX has got to be one of the best selling games this year.
The only thing that i would ofm liked to see on the demo is actually bing able to bring up a menu when your walking around. o well i had 40 mins of fun
has anyone else got this demo and do you like it??
Tue 12/03/02 at 09:47
Regular
Yep, I`ve got that demo. I agree on the graphical side, it does look lovely, and I`m sure Square will provide yet another completely engrossing plot, but I did find the voices a little annoying in the demo. They were all just short one liners, when I really wanted to hear a long speech from time to time. I`m sure this`ll happen in the full game though, so I`m keeping my hopes up!

As for the menus, it kinda makes sense I guess. I mean, if you could access them, there`d then be a load of options, all of which you wouldn`t be able to alter as it`d make the demo too big.

Onto the sales, it`ll have a hard time to be this year`s best seller, mostly because of the huge head start Metal Gear Solid 2 has had. Still, its had huge success elsewhere, selling well over 2 million in Japan (and that was ages ago, so its probably a lot more now), and a nice sum in America also (though GTA3 somehow managed to stay ahead).
Tue 12/03/02 at 09:51
Regular
I bought FFVI for the demo, played it and then took it back.

The demo was ok, but to ladt you 40 minutes?! I think I got through both bits in about 15.

I hadn't played any FF game before, so wasn't sure what to expect. The graphics of the cut scenes were fantastic, but in game were only pretty good.

The random fights were a bit bizarre. I'm walking along, by myself, then suddenly I'm in a fight with 3 companions who I haven't seen before.

Where did they come from?

Fight ends, and they disappear, I'm back to walking along by myself again.

Couldn't tell much about the storyline, obviously, buy I would consider getting the full game. Perhaps.
Tue 12/03/02 at 09:58
Regular
Your Honour wrote:
The random
> fights were a bit bizarre. I'm walking along, by myself, then suddenly I'm in a
> fight with 3 companions who I haven't seen before.

They`ve gone back to games like FF7 and FF9 where you have one character representing the whole party that splits into individual elements during fights.

FF8 was a bit different though, and the other characters followed the leader. This I thought, was much better, however, it was ditched, possibly because the "train" effect could be quite funny if you just kept switching directions backwards and forwards. Anyway, in the full game, you`ll get introduced to it gradually.

>Couldn't tell much about the storyline, obviously, buy I would
> consider getting the full game. Perhaps.

Its the kind of game that demos don`t help a whole lot with. You can play the full thing for an hour, and be a little disappointed, but give it a couple more hours, and it turns into the best thing ever, and you`ll be hooked for the rest of the game (and they are big!). I imagine, going from reviews, that FFX does the same thing as its predecessors, and will completely takeover your life!
Tue 12/03/02 at 10:52
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
Personally, I don't think Final Fantasy X is that good from what I've played. The graphics are amazing. But when you compare it to Final Fantasy 6 (an 8 year old game!) you can see how little things have changed gameplay wise. That and Tidus is the weakest lead character i've ever seen in an FF game. That's just MY opinion though! :)
Tue 12/03/02 at 12:49
Regular
rob_skater wrote:
>Tidus is the weakest lead character i've ever seen in an FF game.

He does seem pretty weak. However, going by his build and age, he could easily develop into a good hero after a few hours playing the game. One thing though, FF9`s lead did have a tail, so he can`t be the worst!

I guess its the speech thats done it though. Cloud and Squall were always the silent types, the lone wolves. This guy has to talk to make it more interesting, and to utilise the fact that they`ve included speech.
Tue 12/03/02 at 14:01
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Does anyone know realistically how long FF10 takes to finish ?, I have spent 12 hours on FF9 and am only on disc 2!
Tue 12/03/02 at 14:12
Regular
Final Fantasy games tend to be around 40hrs of gameplay
Tue 12/03/02 at 16:01
Regular
"Wants Superpowers!"
That for the average first play, i can complete any of FFs on PS1 in about 20-25 hours. But of course i play them alot.
Tue 12/03/02 at 17:28
I own FFX and yes it does have some sweet graphics. It is the shortest FF I have seen at around 30 hours the first time through. Doing all of the side quests and mini games about 60-65 hours.

Tidus is a weak lead character but once you get a few overdrives and spells he turns out to be the most useful characters because he is about average at everything. The strongest of the characters is easily Auron.

This game is probably the best FF I've played but that is a matter of opinion. I know I'll get some negativeity for the FF7 lovers which is probably my second pick. Also, Toonamia is crazy for just giving this game an eight out of ten.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.