GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"what do you think of the 5" portable screen for the cube?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/03/02 at 21:51
Regular
it look good and the ciggy lighter in your car is said to power both the cube and the screen but dont play without the engine running or youl have a flat battery but perfect for a long journey!
Tue 26/03/02 at 22:20
"+ suspicious minds"
if you could find somewere to put the dam cube, it would rock in car journeys. not like that daewoo car with the ps2 in it. by the time you get to were your'e going, it has just loaded your game menue screen.
Tue 26/03/02 at 18:31
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
Starlight wrote:
> Ice Blaster wrote:
> Starlight wrote:
> Edgy wrote:
> But where do
> you put the 'Cube?

The
> screen'll be too small
> to see that
> much,
> and the screen is pretty
> expensive.

I'll stick to my
>
> Game Boy Advance for
> gaming on the
> go, and use the handle for taking
> my
> GameCube to a friends...

Ah yes
> but do you really want to be
> seen walking
> around the streets with such an
> expensice piece of kit?
> Plus it aint much of a
> fashion accessory
> ;0)

Oh and where will
> the pads go.

In the Gamcube perhaps!?

When you're carrying it about silly,
> you can't leave em a hangin' bouncing along the street behind you.

Can't be
> having that

you could buy a gamecube backpack that fits everything inside
Mon 25/03/02 at 00:44
Regular
hmm dont think i would get that
Mon 25/03/02 at 00:19
it would feel a bit silly and annoying having a gamecube in between your legs (so to speak) when playing it in the car
Sun 24/03/02 at 23:55
Regular
I'm sure that portable screen is made by the same third party who made the portable screens for PSOne
Sun 24/03/02 at 12:45
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Yeah, isn't it Panasonic or someone?? Like the GameBoy screens.

But Nintendo have created the GameCube so the screen can be added. So surely they have a big part to play in the money-making process!
Sat 23/03/02 at 20:41
Regular
Solskjær_24 wrote:
> I think it's just another way for Nintendo to try and make money out of us,
> especially the younger generation who have high interests in things like
> this.

The portable screen isn't made by Nintendo.
Sat 23/03/02 at 20:26
Regular
"goodbyeeeeee......."
I think that the 5" portable screen will be an amazing piece of kit for long journeys while running on the ciggy lighter, but on the other hand it is a bit pricey. (£100)
I totally agree with solsjkaer_24.
Tue 12/03/02 at 19:51
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Another way to mkae money out of us? WHAT DO ALL COMPANIES DO? Every western commercial business wants money out of the consumer, but Nintendo are less bad, as they provide real quality with the price - XBox for £300? No thanks
Tue 12/03/02 at 15:27
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I think it's just another way for Nintendo to try and make money out of us, especially the younger generation who have high interests in things like this.

I personally don't like it and think it's a bad idea that very few people will take into.
Did it do brilliantly with Sony's PSOne idea?? No. Although it did attract attention many people were saving up for PS2's at the time, and would prefer to be buying new Sony TV's rather then small portable screens.

Like i've said before, you can get a decent TV for less than £100 so why bother with something that's smaller and costs more???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.