GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pants 2 PC Format"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/03/02 at 21:14
Regular
PC format are totaly P1$$ed off at the XBOX. Don't know why. They rekon it is totaly out of date and that it is a second rate PC with second rate games.
If you havn't bought issue 133 then here is some poop that I have had the horror of reading:

"Turn your PC into a XBOX...just 13 steps to a second rate PC"

"The XOBX is just a bunch of second rate PC parts. At its heart beats somthing similar to an nForce motherboard, with a puny 733MHz processor."

"Your PC is, of corse, fitted with a GeForce 4 for maximum grapics performance - can that. The XBOX comes with a close equivalent to a GeForce 3 Ti200, but cut down the GeForce 2 MX GPU on the nForce is all you need to run games that look as ordinary as on XBOX."

PC Format concludes that:
"A similar Spec PC is a good £100 cheaper than an XBOX, but even thats a Pittance compared to how much more you'll be able to do with it. We advise spending that extra £100 on more memory and some office software, and that ugly black thing will look like, well, just an ugly black thing,"

Here are some comments on some XBOX games:

Halo: "The future of FPS'? Ha, we think not considering its just an old PC cast off"

Munch: "Oh goodie - a platform game. How very futuristic."

Unreal Championship: "Another dumb atempt to recreate classic PC FPS fragfest on a imprecise game pad."

PC Format... you dumd bunch of pre-school minded sour pusses. just cos' the Big M stole all those games you wanted two play, doesn't mean to say its a second rate pc. Actually... it isn't even a second rate PC... it isn't even a PC.
Comparing a fully loaded PC with 120gb of HD and all that kind of stufff is hardly fare.
Unless you have over 1.5 grand to spend, you won't get a config wich plays games much better than an XBOX. The only way PCF got it cheaper was cos' urs was poorly constructed and not a real PC. And as for not being able to do other stuff on ur XBOX. U have ur own PC to do that with as well. PC 4 work, XBOX 4 games. Not such a hard concept to grasp...
well... 4 PCF it is.
I hope some ppl from PCF reads this cos' I would like to here what you have to say.
Stick 2 PC stuff... games console are out of ur leauge PCF
Mon 11/03/02 at 21:14
PC format are totaly P1$$ed off at the XBOX. Don't know why. They rekon it is totaly out of date and that it is a second rate PC with second rate games.
If you havn't bought issue 133 then here is some poop that I have had the horror of reading:

"Turn your PC into a XBOX...just 13 steps to a second rate PC"

"The XOBX is just a bunch of second rate PC parts. At its heart beats somthing similar to an nForce motherboard, with a puny 733MHz processor."

"Your PC is, of corse, fitted with a GeForce 4 for maximum grapics performance - can that. The XBOX comes with a close equivalent to a GeForce 3 Ti200, but cut down the GeForce 2 MX GPU on the nForce is all you need to run games that look as ordinary as on XBOX."

PC Format concludes that:
"A similar Spec PC is a good £100 cheaper than an XBOX, but even thats a Pittance compared to how much more you'll be able to do with it. We advise spending that extra £100 on more memory and some office software, and that ugly black thing will look like, well, just an ugly black thing,"

Here are some comments on some XBOX games:

Halo: "The future of FPS'? Ha, we think not considering its just an old PC cast off"

Munch: "Oh goodie - a platform game. How very futuristic."

Unreal Championship: "Another dumb atempt to recreate classic PC FPS fragfest on a imprecise game pad."

PC Format... you dumd bunch of pre-school minded sour pusses. just cos' the Big M stole all those games you wanted two play, doesn't mean to say its a second rate pc. Actually... it isn't even a second rate PC... it isn't even a PC.
Comparing a fully loaded PC with 120gb of HD and all that kind of stufff is hardly fare.
Unless you have over 1.5 grand to spend, you won't get a config wich plays games much better than an XBOX. The only way PCF got it cheaper was cos' urs was poorly constructed and not a real PC. And as for not being able to do other stuff on ur XBOX. U have ur own PC to do that with as well. PC 4 work, XBOX 4 games. Not such a hard concept to grasp...
well... 4 PCF it is.
I hope some ppl from PCF reads this cos' I would like to here what you have to say.
Stick 2 PC stuff... games console are out of ur leauge PCF
Mon 11/03/02 at 22:34
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Stick-X wrote:
"Your PC is, of corse, fitted with a GeForce 4 for
> maximum grapics performance - can that. The XBOX comes with a close equivalent
> to a GeForce 3 Ti200, but cut down the GeForce 2 MX GPU on the nForce is all you
> need to run games that look as ordinary as on XBOX."

Yeah funny that the X-Box graphics chip is as powerfull as the Geforce 4 Ti4600.
Tue 12/03/02 at 20:16
Regular
"this is a tagline"
A 733mhz processor is amazing for a machine that only needs to run one program at a time for ultimate performance. Without an operating program to slow things down 733 is plenty of power to deliver good gaming. And if they say that the X-Box is bad what about the GC and PS2? They have almost half (GC) less processing power than the X-Box (so are these fifth grade PC's?). All in all PC Format sucks ass.

Vib.
Tue 12/03/02 at 22:23
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
What I hate about PC games is that they seem to love crashing and taking you back to the windows screen. Its a moment at its worst when you've spent ages on a strategy game and just as your about to finally win, your suddenly looking at the windows screen and all that time was wasted.
ARGH !
Wed 13/03/02 at 06:21
PC format don't like the XBOX becuase mircrosoft put gams like Halo on the the XBOX, so now you won't be able to buy Halo until september.

Does anyone think that PCformats 'Do it your self XBOX' would work?
Wed 13/03/02 at 07:40
Regular
"BOSE"
Stick-X wrote:
> PC format don't like the XBOX becuase mircrosoft put gams like Halo on the the
> XBOX, so now you won't be able to buy Halo until september.

Halo comes out when the XBOX does. on the 14th. 2morrow :)
it's an XBOX only game. no other platform'll have the honor of making it :) that's y it says "only on XBOX" at the top
Wed 13/03/02 at 10:52
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Daveus wrote:
> Stick-X wrote:
> PC format don't like the XBOX becuase mircrosoft put gams
> like Halo on the the
> XBOX, so now you won't be able to buy Halo until
> september.

Halo comes out when the XBOX does. on the 14th. 2morrow :)
it's
> an XBOX only game. no other platform'll have the honor of making it :) that's y
> it says "only on XBOX" at the top

But it is coming to the PC, but no other console. Bungie the developers of Halo even have it on there site. Halo was suppose to be a PC game first. But due to it looking good Microsoft bought the company out and made sure that they developed Halo for the Xbox first.
Wed 13/03/02 at 11:09
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Daft - totally daft.

X-Box is a games console.

Pc is a do it all workhorse type thingy that also plays games.

Each has there place.
Wed 13/03/02 at 21:00
People can't get it into their thick skulls that XBOX is a games console, not a PC. A person walked up to me @ school and said
"I don't know why your getting an XBOX, all of the games are coming out to the PC and the PC does more"
errr.... This is where you slap them in the face and tell them to run home to their PS2s.

Dumb person:
Microsoft Product = PC

Educated Person:
Microsoft Product = Specs like a PC... but not a PC

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.