GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Addictive Gaming"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/03/02 at 19:24
Regular
We all remember the first time we all played on our first computer game and couldn't believe what we were seeing. The thought of controlling someone else was not to bare thinking about. It was something we used to have dreams about. But now gaming has gone beyond into the new generation and more and more top quality games are being released for top quality consoles. The market is expanding to the next level and if you own a PS2 at the moment, you'll know what I mean when the choice is tough when it comes down to what game you're going to buy next.

The question is why do we like gaming so much that we just cannot live without it. Why do we go and spend our money on so many games for our console, so many phericals, so much money. It is because we are addicted. The first things our brains tell us to do when we are bored is to do something and if you have the joy to have a computer in your house with games on it, that is what we are attracted to. It may not be what we really want to do and we amy have muh more important tasks to be carried out but the sheer addictiveness of gaming has gripped out souls so much that we cannot resist.

If we have something to do on the game, something to complete then that makes it twice as important toplay on it because you want to finish the game and say that you have completed everything on it. Some people cannot do this without cheating and I am not the last one to say that I am one of those but someway or another we want to say that we have done this or completed that and hold the glory in our souls.

Playing with games consoles brings so many people so much peasure and some so much pain that we have to keep going back and play some more. Most people just do not want to stop playing sometimes and we only stop most of the time because we have to go out or we have something to do. It is very rare that we ever get bored of the game so much that we have to get off it and not play it again in a week or two. It is hard to stop playing sometimes because we have got into the game so much that we just have to keep going on and this is what makes us play it again and again.

The most addictive thing about gaming though is getting a new game. When we see that game that we want because it reflects our personal intrests, we have to go out and buy it, someway or another. If a friend has it, you have to ask to borrow it or you immedietly race down to the rental shop if you have to wait for the money to go out and buy it yourself. When you get home with your new game, unless you have something urgent to do, the game is our priority. We race to the computer, stick it into the machine and indulge yourself into the game for the next couple of hours at least. This is another factor of the addictiveness of gaming and the ever expanding market of games makes the choices so much bigger.

Gaming is like a drug. Once you've started you cannot stop. It is the pure originality of every single game that makes it different from every other one. You can very rarley give up gaming because you have got bored with it unless you own a PSone or N64 but that is not your fault. If the games were not so good, that you're body was progammed to play with it as much as you could, then you would be reading books in your spare time instead of sitting in front of a TV screen playing on your beloved console. We all have to face it - we are addicted to gaming.
Mon 11/03/02 at 19:24
We all remember the first time we all played on our first computer game and couldn't believe what we were seeing. The thought of controlling someone else was not to bare thinking about. It was something we used to have dreams about. But now gaming has gone beyond into the new generation and more and more top quality games are being released for top quality consoles. The market is expanding to the next level and if you own a PS2 at the moment, you'll know what I mean when the choice is tough when it comes down to what game you're going to buy next.

The question is why do we like gaming so much that we just cannot live without it. Why do we go and spend our money on so many games for our console, so many phericals, so much money. It is because we are addicted. The first things our brains tell us to do when we are bored is to do something and if you have the joy to have a computer in your house with games on it, that is what we are attracted to. It may not be what we really want to do and we amy have muh more important tasks to be carried out but the sheer addictiveness of gaming has gripped out souls so much that we cannot resist.

If we have something to do on the game, something to complete then that makes it twice as important toplay on it because you want to finish the game and say that you have completed everything on it. Some people cannot do this without cheating and I am not the last one to say that I am one of those but someway or another we want to say that we have done this or completed that and hold the glory in our souls.

Playing with games consoles brings so many people so much peasure and some so much pain that we have to keep going back and play some more. Most people just do not want to stop playing sometimes and we only stop most of the time because we have to go out or we have something to do. It is very rare that we ever get bored of the game so much that we have to get off it and not play it again in a week or two. It is hard to stop playing sometimes because we have got into the game so much that we just have to keep going on and this is what makes us play it again and again.

The most addictive thing about gaming though is getting a new game. When we see that game that we want because it reflects our personal intrests, we have to go out and buy it, someway or another. If a friend has it, you have to ask to borrow it or you immedietly race down to the rental shop if you have to wait for the money to go out and buy it yourself. When you get home with your new game, unless you have something urgent to do, the game is our priority. We race to the computer, stick it into the machine and indulge yourself into the game for the next couple of hours at least. This is another factor of the addictiveness of gaming and the ever expanding market of games makes the choices so much bigger.

Gaming is like a drug. Once you've started you cannot stop. It is the pure originality of every single game that makes it different from every other one. You can very rarley give up gaming because you have got bored with it unless you own a PSone or N64 but that is not your fault. If the games were not so good, that you're body was progammed to play with it as much as you could, then you would be reading books in your spare time instead of sitting in front of a TV screen playing on your beloved console. We all have to face it - we are addicted to gaming.
Mon 11/03/02 at 19:29
"...Unicef pennies.."
"so many phericals"

I don't like the sound of that!
Tue 12/03/02 at 10:40
Regular
I tend to get addicted to 'certain specific games' rather than gaming itself. The new game buzz is a big draw though.
Tue 12/03/02 at 10:49
Regular
I'm taking therapy as we speak

*stands up to the rest of the group and explains the addiction*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.