GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MGS - Can't aim and move??????"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/03/02 at 09:13
Regular
I can't seam to aim and move at the same time?
holding down Square and moving with L1, but stupid Jack, won't move he just spins round, Why isn't it working?

Mark
Mon 11/03/02 at 09:13
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
I can't seam to aim and move at the same time?
holding down Square and moving with L1, but stupid Jack, won't move he just spins round, Why isn't it working?

Mark
Mon 11/03/02 at 09:26
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Cos thats all its supposed to do. You cant actually run/walk in first person mode.
Mon 11/03/02 at 09:32
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Ok, here's another move that I can't work out. Your bent down but leaning against a box, you've got 2 or 3 guards behind you firing at you and I want to do what Snake does in the FMV, ie dart out to the corridor, fire off 5 or 6 rounds and then dart back.

Any ideas or again, just not possible?
Mon 11/03/02 at 11:27
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
>Cos thats all its supposed to do. You cant actually >run/walk in first person mode

I don't mean in first person mode, i mean in normal moving mode. I know it can be done because it shows you in the game. the bit from the specials menu where it shows you all the moves and explaines how to do them. In advanced moves, there's one showing aim and move. But when i try it, it won't do it.

Am i being stupid or what?

Mark
Mon 11/03/02 at 11:34
just hold down square and walk, he should lock on automatically
Mon 11/03/02 at 11:49
Regular
oasismark wrote:
> I can't seam to aim and move at the same time?

If you mean situations such as a hold-up:

Go behind them, go into FP mode, and point your gun at them. Once they`ve put their hands up, hold L1. Now release R1 so that you go into 3rd person. You can now move around them from behind to in front, and Snake will aim at the enemy. Once you are in the position you want, hold R1 again, and release L1. You should hold square throughout.
Mon 11/03/02 at 11:58
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
If you
> mean situations such as a hold-up:

Go behind them, go into FP mode, and point
> your gun at them. Once they`ve put their hands up, hold L1. Now release R1 so
> that you go into 3rd person. You can now move around them from behind to in
> front, and Snake will aim at the enemy. Once you are in the position you want,
> hold R1 again, and release L1. You should hold square throughout.

Thanks. i'll try that, but i don't think it is just in a hold up. If you go from the menu screen, to special, there's a menu showing all the moves that Solid/Raiden can do, and in advanced there's aim and move. Which show's him just walking round a corner while aiming the gun. no guard in sight.

As for the other post about crouching behind a crate and shooting. hold up, so sflat against the crate, press and hold R2/L2, so he leans out to look, then just press shoot, he will take a few well aimed shots, then when you let go, he will return to behind the crate.

Mark
Mon 11/03/02 at 12:06
Regular
To be honest, I can`t really help beyond that as I haven`t got the game yet (its at home, miles away). I only know about the hold up thing from the demo.

There should be lots of MGS nuts all over the site though, and I`m sure one of them will be able to help.
Mon 11/03/02 at 12:13
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
oasismark, thanks for the information on the move.

Just thought of another question, this time about menus.

Where is the special menu, how do you access it?
Mon 11/03/02 at 12:45
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Jive wrote:
> oasismark, thanks for the information on the move.

Just thought of another
> question, this time about menus.

Where is the special menu, how do you access
> it?

It's just accessed from the first page, something like

new game
load game
options
special

nothing hidden or secrative about it, the place where you can look at the dog tags.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.