GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"God. DAMM this game is fun!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee'.
Tue 19/11/02 at 22:29
Regular
Of course, I'm refering to Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee.

This is such a fantastically playable game, especially if you have any love for, or knowledge of the old Japanese Godzilla movies.

As a fighting game it's really fun. Probably because the monsters roar and stuff, and you can throw them into buildings. Or stamp on their feet.

Multiplayer modes are cool too. The destrucion mode has you trying to get the most points by destroying buildings. Melee is fighting for points, with style points, knockdown points and the like. Then there's your basic versus mode.

Even though I've not unlocked any monsters yet, and can only play with three, I'm having a great time.

I prefer this to Super Smash Bros Melee, I reckon you all ought to go rent it, give it a try, if possible.
Fri 22/11/02 at 20:43
Regular
er-no wrote:
> Its excellent. Just about as bloody good as the NES version of
> Godzilla. Which happened to rule just as much, so if you ever see
> that. GET IT!

I remember my seventh birthday. I got to choose between Godzilla and Duck Tales for my NES. I chose Duck Tales - it was great :D. What was Godzilla like though?
Thu 21/11/02 at 00:50
"Uzi Lover"
I watched pretty much all the videos of it on IGN last night after reading this topic and the posts within it. Somehow their 'Only if you have Insider' thing wasn't working so i could see lots of stuff.

I was really impressed and I'm thinking about getting it as it looks great fun in Multiplayer and I loved Rampage World Tour, I dunno who else did though...

Big Monster things throwing buildings at each other and making weird screechy noises? Excellent, but I think they should have a giant King Kong in it just for me.

I'm thinking of getting this game as my GAD claim as it'll prove fun to play with mates as well. So should it be:

Starfox, Metroid, Sega Soccor Slam or this mental thing?
Wed 20/11/02 at 22:19
Regular
sounds like rampage tour except in full 3d lol
Wed 20/11/02 at 20:35
Regular
It's here.

And i'm in love :^)

Gedditgedditgedditgedditgeddit
Wed 20/11/02 at 17:24
Regular
i would get starfox....... not forgetting christmas is near
Wed 20/11/02 at 16:49
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I wanna get a non-beat em'up for the 'gap' as IB put it.

So its Starfox or Die Hard. Or the Clone Wars. Or Nightfire.

DAMN YOU NINTENDO!

;)
Wed 20/11/02 at 11:51
Regular
"everyone says it"
Its excellent. Just about as bloody good as the NES version of Godzilla. Which happened to rule just as much, so if you ever see that. GET IT!

At the end of each World there was another huge monster after monster. I really really hope you can unlock those big uns in the Cube version.

Can you? PLEASE!
Wed 20/11/02 at 11:48
Regular
I'll definately get this some day.

First Tilt, then IGN now you, all raving about this game...
Wed 20/11/02 at 11:45
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Hmmmm, wasn't too sure of the game when I first saw it, but it does sound good, I especially like the idea of the destruction mode. I'll add it to my list, though a few other games I want before it.
Wed 20/11/02 at 10:32
"Darkness, always"
it does look fun. Might get it to bridge the gap between christmas and March...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.