GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's impressed me with GBA games"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/03/02 at 08:25
Regular
Every GBA game I've played so far has impressed me with the quality of the game save features. Never have Nintendo used it so well, in my opinion.

When you switch off your GBA, you'll know that you will be ableto continue from where you left off, without having to use memory cards.

But what really impresses me is the amount of data that can be stored.

Sonic Advance will record which levels you've completed with which characters, times for these levels scored in the Time Attack mode, plus all of the data on your little Chao creature.

Mario Kart: Super Circuit surpasses this, however, saving times for all tracks, as well as a ghost for every single track. Considering a whole Memory card on the N64 was used for2 ghosts, this is really quite outstanding.

So glad we diddn't have to have passwords to continue our progress, or start again without all we had gained.

Top stuff.
Mon 11/03/02 at 18:08
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Edgy wrote:
"Some clever engineering must've
> gone into the designing of the Game Boy Advance."

That's why it's called the GameBoy 'ADVANCE'!
Good old Ninty! :D

And I also cannot believe how small the carts are when you look at what you can save on them!!
I'm surprised mine haven't been broken or lost yet too!

But have you seen the size of the carts for that mini Pokémon console??? Even smaller than the GBA carts!!!
Mon 11/03/02 at 17:48
Regular
"Back in black"
What impresses me is that I haven't lost any of the cartridges yet!!
Mon 11/03/02 at 17:36
Regular
Too true! It seems amazing to think how little could be saved on some N64 games with all that space inside the carts, whereas the tiny little Game Boy Advance carts can store that much more save data!

Some clever engineering must've gone into the designing of the Game Boy Advance.
Mon 11/03/02 at 08:25
Regular
"not dead"
Every GBA game I've played so far has impressed me with the quality of the game save features. Never have Nintendo used it so well, in my opinion.

When you switch off your GBA, you'll know that you will be ableto continue from where you left off, without having to use memory cards.

But what really impresses me is the amount of data that can be stored.

Sonic Advance will record which levels you've completed with which characters, times for these levels scored in the Time Attack mode, plus all of the data on your little Chao creature.

Mario Kart: Super Circuit surpasses this, however, saving times for all tracks, as well as a ghost for every single track. Considering a whole Memory card on the N64 was used for2 ghosts, this is really quite outstanding.

So glad we diddn't have to have passwords to continue our progress, or start again without all we had gained.

Top stuff.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.