GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This Is Getting To Me Now..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/03/02 at 21:56
Regular
It's only been a year since I brought my MESH PC and already its causing me problems. These problems have been happening for a few months now. At first I resisted and have until this day. Today I have been trying to find a solution.

So this cry goes out to anyone that can help or the guys that know alot about computers (turbonutter etc)

Yes, it's that really annoying simple problem everyone gets sometimes but with me - its all the time. When I scroll to fast on a webpage, when i'm just browsing, when I'm writing an important email or even when I'm not doing anything the damn thing goes and crashes. As I type this I feel i may have to type it again very soon as it will just stall again.

After It crashes I just reboot and go again, but time after time it get so tiring and I wish I could have a PC which will just let me do what i want without worrying that I am gonig to have to reboot.

Thanks to some people on here I will have Blueyonder Broadband very soon and will want to download alot. The problem with the crashing will just get to much, i won't be able to leave my PC in peace to download without it crashing.

I tryed re-installing Windows today (maybe the operation system is a problem?) and I defragmented my disk and fixed problems with Norton Anti-Virus - Non of it helped and I get the same old problem.

What can i do to stop this? It#s getting beyond a joke now...

Thanks,
MWA
Sun 17/03/02 at 16:13
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Mr. Nice Guy wrote:

I just don't really do much when I am online. I kinda sit on my chair.

would have thought you'd be writing reviews for your website, maybe collecting screenshots for games, you've got a lot of work to do on that website to get it working, e.g. all those Amazon links! have fun.
Sun 17/03/02 at 15:58
Regular
"Wasting away"
Fogmaster wrote:
Doesn't seem like he comes online much now either, maybe hes plotting new plans.

I'm online now, more then I ever used to be. I just don't really do much when I am online. I kinda sit on my chair, with a book in my hand and begin to read it, then end up talking to people on MSN for ages and read about a page a day - if that.

Can't see why he'd want a Mac except for that iPod thingy, sounds quite cool, can you get *cough*ware for Macs?

iPod does look good. But, the IBook looks amazing. 256RAM, 20GB and 600MHz G3 processor, makes it pretty damn good. Also, how much is it for just a 8inch portable DVD player? £800. You get CD Burner, Mac OS X and loads of software for just £500 more.

And as for Robs comment, I ain't paying for it. That's why.
Wed 13/03/02 at 15:39
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Doesn't seem like he comes online much now either, maybe hes plotting new plans.
Can't see why he'd want a Mac except for that iPod thingy, sounds quite cool, can you get *cough*ware for Macs?
Wed 13/03/02 at 14:50
He didn't /used/ to have any money ;)
Tue 12/03/02 at 18:46
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I thought you had no money.
Tue 12/03/02 at 10:12
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Your getting a Mac???????? have fun.
Tue 12/03/02 at 08:17
Regular
"Wasting away"
I know what will solve all problems. It will involve going to get a hammer, smashing the computer into thousand of pieces, then, getting all your hard earned money together and going to buy a Mac. Problem solved.

Speaking of Macs, I get mine next week.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaahh!!!
Mon 11/03/02 at 19:33
"Uzi Lover"
Damn the MESH.

Only problems I have had are the frequent crashing of the PC (which just happened again to let you know, now I serouisly want to stop this, OS maybe?) and that I have sent back my Subwoofer 2 times to get fixed and now it has gone duff again.

I was attracted to MESH because the price was good for the way in which you could congifure all that you really wanted on your PC. I am happy with that but not with the problems, maybe its not MESH's fault.

The fuse isn't blown on my Subwoofer and the power button doesnt come on but theres still power going through the adaptor and mains?!? grrr I WANT MY FIVE SPEAKERS BACK!
Mon 11/03/02 at 19:18
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
For no apparent reason, sometimes when I turned on the PC, the BIOS thing would go through as normal, you know the check for a floopy etc ... then the screen would just come up as 100's of randomly coloured lines doing across and up the screen, making a sort of packed grid lines.

When I send it back for repair to MESH, took them bloody long enough to actually get around to just looking at it .. said they'd fixed it and sent it back ... this was like a month. Came back, and the exact same thing started happening again.

Sent it back, took ages ... got it back .... still did the same thing.

So I went down to a local PC shop, they told me (for free) how to fix it, all it was that was needed was a doanload patch from the Video Card's Web Site, lol.

MESH never really phoned back when they said, so we were kept waiting by the phone for ages as well ... just not good at all.

You tried their Customer Services number??? They say they will phone you back so you don't have to pay call charges .... personally I'd bi happy to pay a little phone call charge than having to wait for ages ... gggrrrr, bloody MESH.
Mon 11/03/02 at 18:54
"Uzi Lover"
Thanks all, espically Fogmaster.

All seems to be going fine now, hasn't crashed yet. But i'm trying to make it crash on purpose now to see if it will. But at the moment things looks good :-)

Fogmaster, I am getting Blueyonder next Tuesday. Thanks everyone for all the feedback in the other topic, much appriciated.

If things start going wrong again I'll revert to the over heating solution.

I forgot who it was now but whoever said they had a MESH PC - what seems to be going wrong for you?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.