GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Monitoring..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/11/02 at 11:51
Regular
I was sitting in an ICT lesson yesterday doing some half arsed work with a gamespot window up just for referance ;) and all of a sudden the mouse started spasming. Although it was more of a controlled 'spasm' that went down to the start menu and opened my doccuments. So i let go of the mouse and sat there. To my supprise the mouse started moving normally automaticly!!!
It looked at my doccuments, the gamespot window and my work, just like when you controll it yourself except i was not touching the mouse!!!
I was kinda freeked out lol.
Then he/she/it opened my work and typed in : "Robert, stop looking at things that your not supposed to be looking at and get on with your work".
So me being me typed in "NO! Go away!!!"
He told me to shut down the window with the gamespot stuff in it and tel Mr Sneddon what i had been looking at. So natturally i said NO!
I closed down the window and carried on waiting for him to 'speak' to me.
Near the end of the lesson, Mr Sneddon, who was in the class at the time, had a cheesy grin on his face while sitting at his computer. He called me up and told me to come back at lunch time to pick all the crap off under the desks. I didn't in the end RAR!!!
This person monitoring me was not Sneddon becase he was sent a report by this person we can only call 'Mr X'
Hell he could even be watching this right now.
This is the first time it has happened to me and the first time it has happened to anyone i know about.
Has anyone else had the same sort of thing happen to them at school or work???
Thanks for your time and i can't wait for it to happen again!
lol
:)
Wed 20/11/02 at 23:02
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Nothing can beat a trusty baseball bat.

If it happens again, show his moniter what you are capable of. Just not in front of him. Or anyone. And make sure you wear a mask. And dark clothes and.. I'm telling you too much about my personal life :o)

Use the plug switches. Just cut the power to everything.. reboot..
Wed 20/11/02 at 22:12
Regular
Same at my school, the person who monitors our PC's logged on as two users and started using windows *pop*-up, he didn't like the kids he was doing it to so he sent a message all round the school to every computer (even the head master) and my teacher went out and then came back in and said "the was a message just been sent all round the school, WHO WAS IT?", everyone went quite and the fella who we knew who did it stood there with a big cheesy grin :D, he then went and wrote down which computer it came from and two different numbers came up, so the lads who he looged on as where suspended for a week, no-one said nothing as the teachers wouldn't believe us, we know have a monitor which monitors everything we go on and most of use just press 'Ctrl' + 'Alt' + 'Del' and close the username down, so he cannot monitor what we do straight away.
Wed 20/11/02 at 21:59
Regular
"This planet sucks"
Hillden Primary schools Mr Snedden?
Wed 20/11/02 at 16:25
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Dark Mark™ wrote:
> Sounds like a Trojan virus. Is it Trojan? I'm crap at remembering
> these things...

Its monitoring software!

We got it now at our place!

It most probably was the teacher looking at your work!

We get a little message box pop up and you can talk to the teacher!

If the teacher swears it wasn't him then it was someone else on the network, no trojan viruses can do that and they wouldn't be able to tell the teacher would they?!?
Wed 20/11/02 at 14:53
RAR
I'm serious!!!
The gite can see what i'm doing!!
It's like changing lanes where that bloke is trying to destroy my life!!!
Wed 20/11/02 at 12:44
"slightlyshortertagl"
hur hur hur
Wed 20/11/02 at 12:24
Nuahhh!!!
He's stalking me!!!
HELP!!!!
Wed 20/11/02 at 12:12
Ha,

Casue i'm in ICT at the moment we think it is someone called Mr Locke.
He just did the same thing to about 5 other people just now lol.
He's got some program in which he can remotecontroll any pc.
Oh well funny neither the less.
Wed 20/11/02 at 12:06
Regular
Hehe, brings back memories. I was at my old school in year 11 quite happily playing games. Then the mouse cursor started moving. I knew who it was. It was Mr King (his proper name before anyone asks) watching what everyone was doing through his computer in his small office in the corner. So, I immediatly tried closing everything else myself to prevent him looking at what I was on. He overpowered me so I quickly shut off the computer. I tried logging on the next day and I was logged off the network. :(
Wed 20/11/02 at 12:05
"slightlyshortertagl"
hur hur hur

thats kinda coo

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.