GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Typical College Day"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/11/02 at 16:29
Regular
There I was, looking up something boring on the internet during Computing, when I overheard the following conversation:

1: " You get paid £240 a week for working in Tesco's? I only get £170."

2: (in sarcastic voice)"You should work harder". ANyway, I'm saving up to buy an Xbox.

1: "Yeah, get the Xbox. Have you seen the graphics on it, man?"

(NOTE: boy 3 really did say the word "man")

2: "Yeah, they're incredible. You also get a 10% discount if you buy it from Tescos, so it's only £144 there."

3: "Have you thought about getting a PS2? The games are immense."

2: "I heard you could steal poilce helicopters and motorbikes in Vice City."

3: "That's right."

1: "Noooooo, don't get a PS2. And don't get the Gamecube - it's crap. My mate has one and I played on it for a while - it's not worth it. You have to spend extra on a memory card as well; the Xbox doesn't need one, and you get two free games with it."

2: "I've already decided to get an Xbox; I should be able to buy it tomorrow when I get paid."

The conversation then went onto downloading the latest Harry Potter film for three hours on Kazaa, only not to get it when the file turned out to be duff, and passing driving tests before boy 1 asks if anyone has seen 28 Days Later. He then went on to say Resident Evil (the film) was great. Go figure.
Wed 20/11/02 at 16:29
There I was, looking up something boring on the internet during Computing, when I overheard the following conversation:

1: " You get paid £240 a week for working in Tesco's? I only get £170."

2: (in sarcastic voice)"You should work harder". ANyway, I'm saving up to buy an Xbox.

1: "Yeah, get the Xbox. Have you seen the graphics on it, man?"

(NOTE: boy 3 really did say the word "man")

2: "Yeah, they're incredible. You also get a 10% discount if you buy it from Tescos, so it's only £144 there."

3: "Have you thought about getting a PS2? The games are immense."

2: "I heard you could steal poilce helicopters and motorbikes in Vice City."

3: "That's right."

1: "Noooooo, don't get a PS2. And don't get the Gamecube - it's crap. My mate has one and I played on it for a while - it's not worth it. You have to spend extra on a memory card as well; the Xbox doesn't need one, and you get two free games with it."

2: "I've already decided to get an Xbox; I should be able to buy it tomorrow when I get paid."

The conversation then went onto downloading the latest Harry Potter film for three hours on Kazaa, only not to get it when the file turned out to be duff, and passing driving tests before boy 1 asks if anyone has seen 28 Days Later. He then went on to say Resident Evil (the film) was great. Go figure.
Wed 20/11/02 at 16:30
Regular
"Festivus!"
Why didn't you correct them? Hell knows I would.
Wed 20/11/02 at 16:31
CORRECTIONS:

LINE 2 - 2: (in sarcastic voice) "You should work harder. Anyway, I'm saving up to buy an Xbox."

LINE 4 - (NOTE: boy 1 really did say the word "man")

It should be less confusing now.
Wed 20/11/02 at 16:35
I don't really talk to them, so I can't be bothered. However, I do have two Goth friends who wanted to get the Xbox for Xmas, and I did try to change their purchasing ways. Unfortunately, as with all things opposing Microsoft, I failed - his parents has already bought the Xbox for him.
Wed 20/11/02 at 16:36
Resi evil movie....good? WTF!?!?

Oh yeah, the other stuff was bad too....

(:)
Wed 20/11/02 at 19:21
"Uzi Lover"
DeltaJava wrote:
(NOTE: boy 1 really did say the word "man")

I say "man" all the time.

Why were they downloading Harry Potter anyway? I thought they were like college students...man.
Wed 20/11/02 at 19:38
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Same here, I say "man" a lot, I also say "dude" quite a bit, but dude that's just the way I am man.

:)

Anyway half the people who are even closely into computers have the PS2 so I can't really do much. Appart from laugh at them.
Wed 20/11/02 at 19:46
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Man.
Wed 20/11/02 at 21:15
Regular
i say man a lot..i just say it sometimes for no reason.

better convo than ive heard at school

best so far is.

"yes miss"
Wed 20/11/02 at 21:21
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Ah good ol' Computing lessons. :) However, my lesson isn't quite so sociable, if you will. Someone programmed a...program dubbed Netsend, which is basically an instant messaging service, which sends messages over the network.
So, conversations usually depend on this system in order to be carried out. However, you need to know the number of the workstation that user is at, often ending up in some form of confused mess. MOST annoying. Stupid dorks... :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.