GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Remote web page for easy update's"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/10/07 at 11:30
Regular
"just asking"
Hi everyone,

please can you tell me how I could have a free webspace for my friend to update with pictures and text, whilst I maintain the front part of the webpage. So two of us could update the same page but we are not both using Freeola.

Thanks in advance.
Mon 29/10/07 at 18:16
Regular
"just asking"
Hi,

Thanks again for your input, greatly appreciated. Some good suggestions there, I will think them over.

Thank you

Regards

Simon
Mon 29/10/07 at 09:38
"Are you sure?"
Here are some options for you:

# As Digi mentioned, sign up fo Freeola web Freedom.

# Install a CMS(Content Management System) or 'off the shelf' Photo Gallery or BLOG script on your Freeola web space. This would allow authorised people to add photos and text etc.

# If your friend has some free web space with another provider you could link to his pages using Frames. That way the domain name in the address bar would still show your Freeola address. This would work fine if it's just a fun site but is a bit cheap looking if it's a more serious web site.

# Possibly the soon to launch Freeola 'Instant Site Builder' offering will help you. Depending how the blogging and gallery scripts work.

Hope this gives you something to think about...

Search Freeola Chat
Sun 28/10/07 at 23:47
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I think he wants another web host, his friend can access?
Sun 28/10/07 at 23:40
Regular
Sorry I dont understand what your trying to do?

Kev
Sun 28/10/07 at 12:46
Regular
"just asking"
Hi Kev,

thank you for your advice, much appreciated.

Is there a service I could link to from the front page (so effectiveley page 2) elsewhere as my friend is on another service provider.

regards

Simon
Sun 28/10/07 at 12:28
Regular
Hi Simon
The one not using Freeola would need to sign up for web freedom with Freeola. This would allow him to access the Freeola servers from his internet connection, hope that is of some help.

Kev

simon123 wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> please can you tell me how I could have a free webspace for my
> friend to update with pictures and text, whilst I maintain the
> front part of the webpage. So two of us could update the same
> page but we are not both using Freeola.
>
> Thanks in advance.
Sun 28/10/07 at 11:30
Regular
"just asking"
Hi everyone,

please can you tell me how I could have a free webspace for my friend to update with pictures and text, whilst I maintain the front part of the webpage. So two of us could update the same page but we are not both using Freeola.

Thanks in advance.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.