GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"dreamcast down da drain!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/11/02 at 17:44
Regular
Over the past few months and with the incoming of new and fantastic new consoles such the xbox etc. the dreamcast has slowely drifted away from the caharts and the rated console to get.
The dreamcast was the new thing, the hip, the hop and was the prezzie on eveyone of you gamers list, admit it u wanted it. But now the dreamcast is nothing special, the ps2 and xbox has taken over the charts and dominated the t.v and every other source of advertizements.
there were many games on dreamcast and they were all good and fab but sudenly the games have drifted to the back of the shelf, and have made way for the new generation of consoles.

My personnel view on this is that the dreamcast hasn't been able to keep up on the pace as the xbox and ps2. they have really gone all guns out on their games and technics and the dreamcast has simply gone and done nothing but seel games, no progress was made. This maybe cos the sony producers have ditched the dreamcast and just focused on the ps2. Maybe they thought that the dreamcast had no potential and the ps2 had more to get out of.

anyway it is obvious that the dreamcast has taken a bad fall and is still continuing down that slippery slope. But the xbox and ps2 have really shone and now that they have nonintentialy put the dreamcast out of business they only have to battle each other and then its a home stretch for the ultimate console.

I can't wait. soon, a childrens life, the consoles will battle it out and there can only be one winner. Of course this depends on the fans and if people decide to buy games for the xbox or ps2. So basically it is a battle to bring out the game which the crowd of us love most. Whoever brings out a series of games witch really rocket on the ratings will take the lead in "CONSOLE WARS". In order to win this war the console producers will have to dominate the t.v as this is where a child spends it time if its not got it eyes on a ps2 screen.

My personnel view

My personnel view is that the consoles are both as good as each other but it will come down to reliabilty. The xbox hasn't been out as long as the ps2 and is its first console from microsoft. THis is why people will rely and favour the ps2:

1. Have already brought out a number of consoles and games, so people will know the standards of the sony consoles.

2. sony are a big companie and are know for playstation consoles.

People will find sony more reliable so i think people will favour including me cos we kmow the standards of sony and what to expect. AND I EXPECT A HELL OF A RIDE. and a hell of a ride i am getting. sony ps2 are firng games at us like bullets and one thing you don't see in other consoles is that every one of them is decent.

So now i am gonna bring to you constant updates on how each console is doing. Including recommended games and hints and cheats.

cheers.

theultimategamer!>.<
Wed 20/11/02 at 18:08
Regular
"gsybe you!"
GenericNewbie no.666
Wed 20/11/02 at 18:07
"possibly impossible"
Heh, very funny. Oh, sorry this was serious? (please tell me it was a joke)

The Dreamcast was a good machine for it's time. It died about the same time as the PS2 really became popular. That was quite a while ago now. And Produced by Sony? hmmmm. What about the Gamecube?
Wed 20/11/02 at 18:05
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
*Claps* Goooooooood Post.
Wed 20/11/02 at 18:04
Regular
Thanks for that, enjoyed it.

*looks away*
Wed 20/11/02 at 17:44
Over the past few months and with the incoming of new and fantastic new consoles such the xbox etc. the dreamcast has slowely drifted away from the caharts and the rated console to get.
The dreamcast was the new thing, the hip, the hop and was the prezzie on eveyone of you gamers list, admit it u wanted it. But now the dreamcast is nothing special, the ps2 and xbox has taken over the charts and dominated the t.v and every other source of advertizements.
there were many games on dreamcast and they were all good and fab but sudenly the games have drifted to the back of the shelf, and have made way for the new generation of consoles.

My personnel view on this is that the dreamcast hasn't been able to keep up on the pace as the xbox and ps2. they have really gone all guns out on their games and technics and the dreamcast has simply gone and done nothing but seel games, no progress was made. This maybe cos the sony producers have ditched the dreamcast and just focused on the ps2. Maybe they thought that the dreamcast had no potential and the ps2 had more to get out of.

anyway it is obvious that the dreamcast has taken a bad fall and is still continuing down that slippery slope. But the xbox and ps2 have really shone and now that they have nonintentialy put the dreamcast out of business they only have to battle each other and then its a home stretch for the ultimate console.

I can't wait. soon, a childrens life, the consoles will battle it out and there can only be one winner. Of course this depends on the fans and if people decide to buy games for the xbox or ps2. So basically it is a battle to bring out the game which the crowd of us love most. Whoever brings out a series of games witch really rocket on the ratings will take the lead in "CONSOLE WARS". In order to win this war the console producers will have to dominate the t.v as this is where a child spends it time if its not got it eyes on a ps2 screen.

My personnel view

My personnel view is that the consoles are both as good as each other but it will come down to reliabilty. The xbox hasn't been out as long as the ps2 and is its first console from microsoft. THis is why people will rely and favour the ps2:

1. Have already brought out a number of consoles and games, so people will know the standards of the sony consoles.

2. sony are a big companie and are know for playstation consoles.

People will find sony more reliable so i think people will favour including me cos we kmow the standards of sony and what to expect. AND I EXPECT A HELL OF A RIDE. and a hell of a ride i am getting. sony ps2 are firng games at us like bullets and one thing you don't see in other consoles is that every one of them is decent.

So now i am gonna bring to you constant updates on how each console is doing. Including recommended games and hints and cheats.

cheers.

theultimategamer!>.<

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.