GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Games ressurection...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/11/02 at 19:01
Regular
Now that the Cube is well established, there are some games Iwould definitly buy if they were updated onto the Cube.

Here they are.

Body Harvest - Brilliant game, shame about the controls and aesthetics. However, with real Cube sheen, more responsive controls, and perhaps loads of extras, this could be absoloutely amazing.

Rush 2049 - Oddly, one of my favourite games ever. Huge, fun, fast, and with loads of modes, this was utterly superb, and I don't normaly like racing games. More interaction on the levels, living worlds, new modes, battle/stunt modes greatly expanded, leagues, coin spending, more tweakable features and definitly more tracks, added with brilliant graphics, would make this game an essential, for me anyway.

LBA3 - PC only, but who cares? LBA2 was incredible. It needs to be updated, with modern graphics.

What are yours?
Wed 20/11/02 at 19:01
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Now that the Cube is well established, there are some games Iwould definitly buy if they were updated onto the Cube.

Here they are.

Body Harvest - Brilliant game, shame about the controls and aesthetics. However, with real Cube sheen, more responsive controls, and perhaps loads of extras, this could be absoloutely amazing.

Rush 2049 - Oddly, one of my favourite games ever. Huge, fun, fast, and with loads of modes, this was utterly superb, and I don't normaly like racing games. More interaction on the levels, living worlds, new modes, battle/stunt modes greatly expanded, leagues, coin spending, more tweakable features and definitly more tracks, added with brilliant graphics, would make this game an essential, for me anyway.

LBA3 - PC only, but who cares? LBA2 was incredible. It needs to be updated, with modern graphics.

What are yours?
Wed 20/11/02 at 19:27
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Ridge Racer - I really liked the N64 Version and the Cube could really make GT for the playstation look dated.

V-Rally - The same above but the controls could be tweaked so you can handle the car without seeing the car on its top at the start line.

Quake!! - heh...Sorry for Parr and Auf...They'll shout and shout if they see this lol!! But really, With the keyboard and maybe a mouse could come with this and make a turely amazing fast paced game that really takes time to make skill to turely apper and stunn with graphics.
Wed 20/11/02 at 20:25
Regular
Rush 2049 was suprisingly good, I got it for Xmas not knowing anything about it and spent all of Xmas day playing it with my cousin.

Damn addictive it was, don't think anyone in the world could have collected all the coins though, even with a guide I couldn't find half of them.

Oh and Pilotwings and Body Harvest need sequles, they would rock.
Wed 20/11/02 at 20:37
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Chaos: My brother had it on the spectrum and it was class. Now i have an emulator on my pc and I can play it without the loading time. It was the first game with an 8 player deathmatch, unfortunately that was all it was, A deathmatch. An update with good graphics would be nice.
Thu 21/11/02 at 11:04
Regular
Ev][L~Dark wrote:
>But really, With the keyboard and maybe a mouse
> could come with this and make a turely amazing fast paced game that
> really takes time to make skill to turely apper and stunn with
> graphics.

Keyboard and mouse?

The Gamecube pad could handle it just fine with it's 2 analogue sticks!
Thu 21/11/02 at 17:30
Regular
Well, I always think that Quake games have always been best with it :p
Thu 21/11/02 at 17:59
Regular
"everyone says it"
Holy Magic Century - Fantastic REAL RPG.

Secret of Mana - if this game was released onto the GC I would cry for years... seriously, this is the best game ever.
Thu 21/11/02 at 17:59
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Keyboard and mouse are truly the tools of the FPS veteran. Gamepads can never compete, because theya re so imprecise. And you should all buy Operation Flashpoint GOTY Edition. Anyone who can run it but doesn't buy it is a fool. A crazy fool.
Thu 21/11/02 at 18:01
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The Legend of Goeman.
Oh yes.
And, also, Pilotwings...
Thu 21/11/02 at 18:21
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> Keyboard and mouse are truly the tools of the FPS veteran. Gamepads
> can never compete, because theya re so imprecise. And you should all
> buy Operation Flashpoint GOTY Edition. Anyone who can run it but
> doesn't buy it is a fool. A crazy fool.

Nicely said there :p

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.