GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dreamcast - NTSC Converter"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/11/02 at 21:50
Regular
I've been given some US ganes for my Dreamcast machine only to find that they are NTSC formatted and don't work on European machines. Does anyone know of the existence of anything that I can use that wil reformat these to PAL? I tried Sega and they say that they do not sell anything but they do know of products that are available.
Wed 20/11/02 at 21:50
I've been given some US ganes for my Dreamcast machine only to find that they are NTSC formatted and don't work on European machines. Does anyone know of the existence of anything that I can use that wil reformat these to PAL? I tried Sega and they say that they do not sell anything but they do know of products that are available.
Wed 20/11/02 at 21:52
Regular
"Festivus!"
DREAMCAST FORUM... You think?
Wed 20/11/02 at 21:52
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Buy an Action Replay, and then put it in the disc before you put your NYSC game in. This will allow you to play NTSC games on your PAL machine.
IF you want to do it the other way round, all you have to do it get and NTSC copy of the Action replay for your NTSC machine, and it will play PAL games.
Wed 20/11/02 at 21:55
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If you didn't understand that, basically you should buy an Action Replay for the Dreamcast. Then you can play your NTSC games. That's what I did.
Wed 20/11/02 at 21:56
What's an Action Replay and where do I get one from?
Wed 20/11/02 at 21:58
Regular
"Remember me?"
Gahhhhhh!
Wed 20/11/02 at 21:58
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The Action Replay from Datel.
It is basically a cheat system.
You can buy it from some places that sell Dreamcast games.
Try www.cex.com
or www.datel.co.uk
Wed 20/11/02 at 22:01
Thank for that
Wed 20/11/02 at 22:02
Regular
"bit of a brain"
No problem pal.
Thu 21/11/02 at 13:16
"You love us!"
or better still you could just get hold of the 'Utopia boot disk' and save the money on an Action Replay for your DC.

Put in the boot disk, wait for it to load up, and then when prompted, simply pop in the NTSC game and boom - it'll work.

Of course, for any NTSC game to work you must be using and RGB cable with your DC and have a TV capable of accepting the RGB signal. See. I’ve just saved you 20-odd quid there.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.