GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sainsbury's, Safeway, Somerfield... who will win?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/03/02 at 13:19
Regular
local stores to me... oh yeah.. I may be biast!

SAINSBURY'S:
Food: Delicious, top notch.... brill quality, the best food around. 8/10

Games: Good for old games like Colin Mcrae rally 1, Delta force 2 and Pokemon Gold and Silver. There are some costly ones though like Renegade and Rugrats. 6.5/10

Staff help: If there's an empty counter then they'll open it, if there is a mother with children balancing on her fingertips then they'll send you some goons. :D Pretty good at helping the public I spose. 8/10

Layout: Certainly in the ones in Places near me they have brilliant layouts and tops when it comes to the order in which you put the stuff in your trolley. 8/10

Accesibilty: The isles aren't the best for people and wheel chairs at the same time. Also when stuff like the easter egg displays are up you would have to be on stilts to reach the ones on top. 3/10

Fruit + Veg section: Wide variety of goodies here. Think if you will:
Pick a grape... red or white, then seedless or seeded, then African or European and many extra catorgories after this. Follow your healthy heart! 8.5/10

Crisps section: They have a single bag dispensor and a whole packet shelf, a tinned crisp shelf and a dipping crisp shelf. You name the brand of crisp they have it. They even have third party brands! 9/10

Alcohol section: Well I'm only 13 but that is where my Dad heads everytime. 8/10

Bakery section: Brill... nuff said. 7.5/10

Meat counter: there is a beautiful range of meat here. cod- drury lane ham. Lamb joint- salami. The meat is cheap and of very high quality. They also sell some delicate and light cheeses here. 8.5/10

Dairy section: Traditional cheddar and gouda, emmential, gruyere, Leeadammer, soft cheeses, stilton and these and just an appetiser to get you saliva running. Along with the butters and magarines this is yet another top quality section. 9/10

Tolietries section: Two isles... men and women. Top notch as far as I've noticed. Lip salve, Toothpaste, Deoderant Soap and socks??? 7.5/10

End isles: On the end of the isles you all ways get some treats. In Sainsbury's you will find Chewing gum, barrets sweets, marshmallows, Special offers, Games, CD's, DVD's and many others. 9/10

Music section: Only albums at £10.99 for single CD albums and £12.99 for double albums... disapointing really: 4/10

DVD and Video section: Not bad, they have a decent selection But they're all samey at a £20.99 price look else where. 5/10

Magazines and Tobacco: Lottery included here... pretty good. I'm not a smoker but they seem to have a good selection. Magazines... now there is a strong point. Cat care to gaming, puzzle books to motorbikes. Tops. 9/10

Chocolate section: My favourite part... This also includes the juice and squash section. The choclate ranges from chewing gum to marshmallows, powerpods to boxed delights. Take your pick with cheap priced candy all around. 9.5/10

Trolley control: Fair... dodgy at times but there are warning labels. 5/10

Cafeteria: Not many supermarkets have such high quality ones. Theyeven have they're own personalised cold meals for kids. They have a list for that day and a wide range of muffins! ;D Brill. 8.5/10

Total: 7.4/10

SAFEWAY:

Food: I'm not a big fan of the food here. Tends to be a bit sweet. 6/10

Games: They have those crappy educational games in the middle of isles on spinny plastic racks. 2/10

Staff help: Well to be honest PANTS. They never help even if you ask. Someone will be here soon. We're finished and no-ones there! 4/10

Layout: This is where Safeway prospers. Brilliant layout nuff said. 8.5/10

Accesibility: Thin Isles and only one wide checkout. 2/10

Fruit and Veg section: The standard... but they have those cool weighing machines... the ones with the sticky labels. 7/10

Crisps section: Poor. Just the standard walkers and HP.

Alcohol section: My Dad tells me it's very cheap wine... cheap and tacky rancid wine. (Trust him) 3/10

Bakery section: Notvery good. At least the bread at sainsbury's is fresh... and not a cake to be seen. 4/10

Meat counter: Consists entirely of fish! Very poor! 2/10

Dairy section: Delightful... miss it miss out! Lovely foriegn cheeses. Soft cheeses coming in triangle and sliced form along with wine and cheese bundles. 9/10

Tolietries section: Everything you could possibly hope for from the land of tolietries. 9/10

End of isles: Only chewing gum very poor. 3/10

Music section: Again poor.. top ten in the album chart. At least Sainsbury's can reach 40! 4/10

DVD and video selection: Lovely Jubly. Name a new DVD NE1 and find it here. The same goes with the videos. There is always a special offer on the classic disney movies. Enjoy.
10/10

Magazines and tobacco: Dodgy. Wide selction of catagories with the magazines but only obscure ones. A few gaming magazines but plenty of fishing ones. 5/10

Chocolate section: A few packets of assorted choco bars but not much else. Sort it out. 5/10

Trolley control: A bit of er and a bit of eh! Crap. 1/10

Cafeteria: Poor. A small selection of meals at a very dear price. 4/10

Total: 4.6/10

SOMERFIELD:

Food: Pants. 1/10

Games: None. 0/10

Staff help: Pants. 1/10

Layout: Pants. 1/10

Acessibility: Pants. 1/10

Fruit and Veg section: Pants. 1/10

Crisps section: Pants. 1/10

Alcohol section: Pants. 1/10

Bakery section: Pants. 1/10

Meat counter: Pants. 1/10

Dairy section: Pants. 1/10

Toiletries section: Pants. 1/10

End of isles: Pants. 1/10

Music section: None. 0/10

DVD and video section: None. 0/10

Magazines and tobacco: None. 0/10

Chocolate section: Pants. 1/10

Trolley control: None. 0/10

Cafeteria: None. 0/10

Total: 0.7

I would say that Sainsbury's the shop that will rule in the future and maybe even a sim might be made about it.

:D
Mon 11/03/02 at 19:27
Regular
""
Quick question... how many monkeys does it take to open a can of beans?
Mon 11/03/02 at 18:54
Regular
""
OK... 2 for Waitroise... also first place!
Mon 11/03/02 at 09:20
"slightlyshortertagl"
Kid Rock wrote:
> Waitrose is better then the rest of them

Waitrose rules!!!
Sun 10/03/02 at 21:37
Regular
Waitrose is better then the rest of them
Sun 10/03/02 at 21:09
Regular
""
*slaps face*

No

*the lord of the sarci's strikes again!*
Sun 10/03/02 at 21:04
is this a sad attempt at GAD?
Sun 10/03/02 at 21:02
Regular
""
Update...

In joint 2nd are Sainsbury's and Somerfield with one vote...

da da da dum... amd currently in 1st place is Safeway!

All hail... Oh yeah... I vote for Sainsbury's.

This changes the whole thing!

*GAsps all around*

In joint first place with 2 votes each, 4 between them are Sainsbury's and Safeway.

*round of applause*

:D
Sun 10/03/02 at 20:56
Talkie Toaster wrote:
> Weird Wonder wrote:
> I only chose these because they're near to where I
> live.

how could you forget the co-op?
Oh yeah I forgot about the co-op.
Safeways is mine beacause I live close to it.
Sun 10/03/02 at 20:45
Regular
"always swirling"
Weird Wonder wrote:
> I only chose these because they're near to where I live.

how could you forget the co-op?
Sun 10/03/02 at 20:43
Regular
"always swirling"
the somefield near me has its own part of the shop for music and games and its pretty good.

then again SR is only 2 doors down from it so i don't tend to go there often.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.