GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Sims"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Sims'.
Thu 21/11/02 at 09:48
Regular
Now, I'm rarely one to complain about overpricing, but has anyone seen the asking price for the PS2 version of The Sims? Something like £38.49 (an apparent saving of £6, meaning RRP is £44.49!).

The Sims is at least 4 years old now, is there something in the game to justify this outrageous price?
Sat 23/11/02 at 18:52
Regular
"  "
I hate The Sims. The PS2 version looks better, still will be crap. :|
Sat 23/11/02 at 18:38
Regular
"And some more !"
the sims is ok but no one is gonna spend about 40 quid on it if the pc version is only 20 so if it has a couple of better graphics but its still the same boring old game but i still like it
Sat 23/11/02 at 10:24
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
sticking it at that price is about as dumb as Microsoft were for putting a £44.99 price tag on champ man 01/02 when you could get it on a PC for around a tenner.
Fri 22/11/02 at 21:48
"cheerios"
Do u guys think it has good graphics or slightly improved from the pc version???

:)
Fri 22/11/02 at 21:14
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Duh. The only people buying the PS2 version don't have a PC (good enough) to run The Sims.
Thu 21/11/02 at 22:26
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Games that go from the PC to the PS2 never sell well.

Because:
- They're cheaper on the PC
- They're usually released months (sometimes even years) before on the PC
- Umm... that's about it, but still.

:-D
Thu 21/11/02 at 14:46
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Maddness behind the idea of the price of the PS2 version.

Anyone with a decent amount of Brain Cells are going to see the price difference of that between the PS2 and PC versions and obviously (i would hope) go for the cheaper version.

But as they say, theres always the few odd balls.
Thu 21/11/02 at 11:26
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I have the sims on my PC right now, and I hate myself for buying that crap, I don't even think it's an actual game. If you pay £40 for that game, then be prepared to feel ripped off, and very dissapointed.
Thu 21/11/02 at 11:04
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
The sims sounds to me like a game that should be played on a PC. Did anyone play SimCity on the PSone. It sucked...bad.
Thu 21/11/02 at 11:00
"Darkness, always"
heh, a 2 player SIMS game will work about as well as the multiplayer mode in Imperium Galactica 2.

Which is to say it won't.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.