GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Vision: Miyamoto and Gates"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/03/02 at 12:03
Regular
Miyamoto:
"I can't say we have seen everything already, but I'm sure we won't see the huge accelerations we witnessed in the past years: things are going to change, but in a slowest way."
Compare and contrast with Bill Gates's "we are defining the future of videogames" spiel.
Is gates just hyping his console up? Or has Miyamoto lost his vision? Clearly Shigsy knows a lot more about games than Gates does, and after the jump from the SNES to the N64 you can see why the next generation doesn't seem so special. But surely Miyamoto should be leading the evolution of videogames? He always used to...
Sun 10/03/02 at 13:54
Regular
"everyone says it"
Bill Gates - Munchkin.
Shigsy - VideoGaming's world's best.
Sun 10/03/02 at 12:37
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> Miyamoto is being realistic. Ofcourse he's got vision, He's making a brand new
> look Zelda! It's just that he knows there isn't as big a change in the way games
> look as there was previous consoles.

Bill Gates on the other hand is just
> talking out of his backside. I remember when Microsoft had something to do with
> Segs "joining" Microsoft on their website, Bill Gates had a big speech
> you could listen to on there, it was mostly propaganda about how great the X-box
> is, and only 10 seconds seemed to be about Sega. Sega didn't join Microsoft
> anyway, they signed a deal to make games as they have Nintendo and Sony.

I agree.
Sun 10/03/02 at 12:21
Regular
Miyamoto is being realistic. Ofcourse he's got vision, He's making a brand new look Zelda! It's just that he knows there isn't as big a change in the way games look as there was previous consoles.

Bill Gates on the other hand is just talking out of his backside. I remember when Microsoft had something to do with Segs "joining" Microsoft on their website, Bill Gates had a big speech you could listen to on there, it was mostly propaganda about how great the X-box is, and only 10 seconds seemed to be about Sega. Sega didn't join Microsoft anyway, they signed a deal to make games as they have Nintendo and Sony.
Sun 10/03/02 at 12:03
Regular
Miyamoto:
"I can't say we have seen everything already, but I'm sure we won't see the huge accelerations we witnessed in the past years: things are going to change, but in a slowest way."
Compare and contrast with Bill Gates's "we are defining the future of videogames" spiel.
Is gates just hyping his console up? Or has Miyamoto lost his vision? Clearly Shigsy knows a lot more about games than Gates does, and after the jump from the SNES to the N64 you can see why the next generation doesn't seem so special. But surely Miyamoto should be leading the evolution of videogames? He always used to...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.