GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hitman 2 banned!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Hitman 2'.
Thu 21/11/02 at 17:29
Regular
PC World and Woolworths have now banned Hitman 2 from there stores as it has been branded racist, becuase you kill terrorists in turbans.
Fri 22/11/02 at 14:44
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Oh no, not PC world and Woolworth’s! Meh, like the threat with GTA: Vice City, it's a bit pointless banning a game, which has already had about a month out on the market. It's already sold thousands of copies, so withdrawing the game now for whatever reason seems a bit pointless.

I did read though, that the developers would cut the sections in question for the GC version of the game, so they are at least trying to fix whatever damage may have been caused.
Fri 22/11/02 at 12:00
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I shot a monkey up the backside with a grenade launcher the other day.

call the RSPCA!
Thu 21/11/02 at 23:55
Regular
Shows how petty and stupid some people are.

I shot a white man on a game once...is that deemed racist too?

Fact is if you took all the asians out of games you'd then get some fool complaining that there are no asians in games.
Thu 21/11/02 at 22:20
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Cartel Thug wrote:
> Actually I just posted a topic in the PS2 forum about that, apparently
> they are gonna withdraw Vice City too.

---

As bad as that would be, I don't think Rockstar would care. They've already sold too many copies.

:-D
Thu 21/11/02 at 21:33
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Ev][L~Dark wrote:
> Still means u can buy it from SR....

Yep ,he's right. The 2-3 weeks thing is just for Wollworths to get stock, everywhere will be different.

~~Belldandy~~
Thu 21/11/02 at 20:14
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
N!CKN@M£ wrote:
> Nooooooooooooooooooooo!, I wass going to buy that for christmas
> aswell.

Still means u can buy it from SR....
Thu 21/11/02 at 20:14
Regular
I wonder how many fat Americans would buy my 'rare' 'uncut' verion of Hitman 2? :-)
Thu 21/11/02 at 19:24
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
It really is getting out of hand. So basically what their saying is, that its not okay to kill the Hindus in the game, but it is perfectly okay to kill the white people in it. I could take offence to that, but I dont.

I really hope I didnt offend anyone by saying that but I think its a valid point.
Thu 21/11/02 at 19:23
Regular
"Spanish Hardcore"
Nooooooooooooooooooooo!, I wass going to buy that for christmas aswell.
Thu 21/11/02 at 19:21
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Latest info we've been getting is that there will be no more supplies of GTA VC to stores for 2-3 weeks, unless they find a new supplier for them, I doubt GTA VC will be banned - you should see the sales figures....

~~Belldandy~~

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.