GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hitman 2 stock taken off shelves"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Hitman 2'.
Thu 21/11/02 at 19:15
Regular
Hitman 2 has been taken off the shelves according to the sun newspaper today, the game will be brought back on sale once the developers (eidos) have taken out ONE level that caused offence. The level is where you have to kill loads of hindu's and apparantly this happened in reality a while back.
Thu 21/11/02 at 22:17
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
AbsoluT Neó wrote:
> But then books and films are fictional?
>
> None of it is real..
>
> But people take offence.
>
> Whatever the race.

---

Exactly. It's all made up - completely made up, but yet people still find the time to take offence at it.

Some people just love to stir up trouble. I'm not neccessarily just saying this about this Hitman 2 incident, but people in general will always seem to find something that is offensive to them. It's as if they go looking for it.

World these days = far too serious.
Thu 21/11/02 at 22:15
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
But then books and films are fictional?

None of it is real..

But people take offence.

Whatever the race.
Thu 21/11/02 at 22:12
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
People are too serious.

Get a life, you mongs.

Of course, I'm talking to the people who are complaining - ok, so if they feel it's against their religion, then they're free to say that, but it's a game, not real. Game. Fun.
Thu 21/11/02 at 20:58
Regular
I heard about this,

Apprantly, some Sikhs complained that the level where you have to kill loads of Sikhs is racist as they are being portrayed as terrorists.
Thu 21/11/02 at 19:20
im hindu and i couldnt care less. what about that gouranga in gta1?
Thu 21/11/02 at 19:18
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
People take games too seriously.

There have been plenty of games where you've had to kill certain "ethnic" groups, so why the whole comotion all of a sudden?

What is the world coming to?

*sigh*
Thu 21/11/02 at 19:15
Regular
Hitman 2 has been taken off the shelves according to the sun newspaper today, the game will be brought back on sale once the developers (eidos) have taken out ONE level that caused offence. The level is where you have to kill loads of hindu's and apparantly this happened in reality a while back.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.