GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Concience of a Hacker"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/03/02 at 20:15
Regular
The Conscience of a Hacker

Another one got caught today, it's all over the papers. "Teenager Arrested in Computer Crime Scandal", "Hacker Arrested after Bank Tampering"... Damn kids. They're all alike. But did you, in your three-piece psychology and 1950's technobrain, ever take a look behind the eyes of the hacker? Did you ever wonder what made him tick, what forces shaped him, what may have molded him? I am a hacker, enter my world... Mine is a world that begins with school... I'm smarter than most of the other kids, this crap they teach us bores me... Damn underachiever. They're all alike. I've listened to teachers explain for the fifteenth time how to reduce a fraction. I understand it. "No, Ms. Smith, I didn't show my work. I did it in my head..." Damn kid. Probably copied it. They're all alike. I made a discovery today. I found a computer. Wait a second, this is cool. It does what I want it to. If it makes a mistake, it's because I screwed it up. Not because it doesn't like me or feels threatened by me or thinks I'm a smart a*s or doesn't like teaching and shouldn't be here...damn kid. All he does is play games. They're all alike. And then it happened. A door opened to a world. Rushing through the phone line like heroin through an addict's veins, an electronic pulse is sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is found. "This is it... this is where I belong..." I know everyone here... even if I've never met them, never talked to them, may never hear from them again... I know you all... Damn kid. Tying up the phone line again. They're all alike... You bet your a*s we're all alike... we've been spoon-fed baby food at school when we hungered for steak... the bits of meat that you did let slip through were pre-chewed and tasteless. We've been dominated by sadists, or ignored by the apathetic. The few that had something to teach found us willing pupils, but those few are like drops of water in the desert.

This is our world now... the world of the electron and the switch, the beauty of the baud. We make use of a service already existing without paying for what could be dirt-cheap if it wasn't run by profiteering gluttons, and you call us criminals. We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge... and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias... and you call us criminals. You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals.
Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for. I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop this individual, but you can't stop us all... after all, we're all alike.
Mon 11/03/02 at 23:48
Regular
Lord Semajal wrote:
> hackers rule :)

They don't rule
I've been hacked and the sod kept interupting my Red Alert 2 games by asking stupid questions like 'is this annoying?'
Mon 11/03/02 at 23:09
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
hackers rule :)
Mon 11/03/02 at 23:02
Regular
Actually, the more I read that, the worse it looks for hackers!

The only hackers I don't mind are those that hack FOR companies to find security glitches, not those who use services for free, whilst the price of using them increses due to the hackers.

The world of the Switch and Electron? Unless you're talking about electrical circuits then isn't that stealing from people's cards?
Mon 11/03/02 at 20:26
Regular
"Don't mess"
i nkow i copied this but i thought it was important for you all to see that we are not bad people.

(you could have kept it quiet --- gameaday is important as well as peoples opinions of hackers)
Mon 11/03/02 at 11:02
"slightlyshortertagl"
DrDragon wrote:
> HálloHowArtThou wrote:
> third that...

I fourth that... if only to
> get my word count up like this punk. :-)

*NOT FUNNY*
Mon 11/03/02 at 11:02
Regular
"699 days!"
HálloHowArtThou wrote:
> third that...

I fourth that... if only to get my word count up like this punk. :-)
Mon 11/03/02 at 09:26
"slightlyshortertagl"
third that...
Sun 10/03/02 at 20:27
"penguins in hawaii?"
I second that.
Sun 10/03/02 at 20:17
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
saviour of sheep wrote:
> It is quite scary that you know all about hacking...

It's even more scary that 99% of people claiming to be hackers couldn't crack an egg, let alone have an original thought of their own.
Sun 10/03/02 at 18:40
"penguins in hawaii?"
It is quite scary that you know all about hacking...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.