GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Official Nintendo Demo Disc"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/11/02 at 20:25
Regular
Because the store I work at doesn't have a GameCube pod, the demo disc that was to be displayed was going to be chucked out.

I just happen to have magically aqquired this disc and it is sitting next to my console now - I hope it isn't, like the stickon label on the cover, in German.

I'll get back to you tomorrow when I've seen what's on it.
Sun 24/11/02 at 20:57
Regular
"bit of a brain"
After playing a multiplayer session of NBA courtside in HMV in Oxford Street, I bought the game. It really is fantastic. SHows you what a good demo can do, eh...
Sun 24/11/02 at 20:53
Regular
Yeah, I played that, the heart beat game was very original but very crap as well
Sun 24/11/02 at 20:47
Regular
Solskjær wrote:
> Heh, I bet you dived into the bin after it as soon as it left the
> bloke's hands! ;D
>
> "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo"
> All in slo-mo like in a film or something. :)

You were in the shop watching weren't you!

I've played the demo disc and it's pretty good! It's got a playable Starfox demo, a playable Mario Party 4 demo (though just two of the mini-games, and they're poor), Beach Spikers or whatever that Sega volleyball game is called (and that's not the best game I've played either) and I think it's NBA Courtside as well - though I ain't played the demo of that one on the disc. It also has many a rolling demo on the disc of games too.
Fri 22/11/02 at 20:22
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
My GAME doesn't have any pods.

Gay.

This other shop does though so that's good.
Fri 22/11/02 at 19:39
Regular
"Link to the Future"
My GAME doesn't have a GC pod. Unfortunately.
Fri 22/11/02 at 19:32
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Hmmm didn't know anyone had demos.

Whenever I saw a Gamecube game playing in a store it was always just the proper game just playing over and over the automatic demo that comes up when you leave it for so long.
Fri 22/11/02 at 18:11
Regular
"gsybe you!"
With Adagio for Strings playing.

Put that on if you are stressed and happy.

It'll calm and depress you all in one!
Fri 22/11/02 at 13:17
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Heh, I bet you dived into the bin after it as soon as it left the bloke's hands! ;D

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo"
All in slo-mo like in a film or something. :)
Fri 22/11/02 at 11:33
Regular
star fox and mario party are completed though.
i have had them both for a few weeks now
Fri 22/11/02 at 08:51
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Edgy wrote:
> Well on the front it says "Starfox Adventures and Mario Party
> 4"
>
> Anyway, why would Nintendo release a demo disc with currently
> available titles on it, when they could advertise and build up hype on
> up and coming new titles!

Cos the reason Nintendo don't like demo disks is that they feel demos of uncomplete games don't give gamers a feel for the true game. And players might play a demo and think it's pap, as the demo might be, but the finished game might actually be good. That's probably why now, on the demo disks, are completed games.

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.