GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Arsenal fans, you don't know how lucky you are!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/03/02 at 18:54
Regular
Seriously, Arsenal fans do not know how lucky they are to still have a player like Dennis Bergkamp in their squad!

Sure, you have your Henrys, Vieiras and Seamans, but without the 'Dutch Master' in your side you probably would've lost your grip on the title race, and your chances of glory in Europe and domestic cup competitions!

Did you know that Bergkamp was close to leaving Arsenal during the remaining months of last summer?? He was nearing the end of his expiring contract, and for some reason he decided to stay after a hard concideration and thought over what lies in the future of his Highbury career.
At the time, the only thing Arsenal looked likely to win was the Premiership, and there were still no higher than 2nd to Man United, just like they always have been except back in '98! Although it's known as 'the world's most competative league', it's still somewhere Arséne Wenger and his side have failed to look dominant in, just like they've always said they would!

To be a real success at club level and come close to United's standards, you need to look like you can threaten teams in Europe, further than just the group stages. And that's something Arsenal have failed to do for quite some time! Remember their UEFA Cup year?? They worked so hard, got all the way to the final, and lost in a dissapointingly stale 1-0 match.

The FA Cup has been Arsenal's competition for the last few years, as it's the one they've looked most dominant in, quite consistantly. But how many times have they won it?? Only once or twice in the last few years, and it's still very little when comapred to the records of United and Liverpool for example!!
And as for the League Cup, Arsenal don't usually travel too far in that either, but they do seem to beat the big teams, like Man United. You'll see that they field weaker sides for the first round or two, just like United.
Are they trying to to be TOO similar to United??
Should they be doing things their own way to find success???
After all, there's only one Man United!

So why would Dennis Bergkamp, a former Dutch international compared to the great Marco van Basten, a player who's also come up from the famous 'Ajax Accademy' and played for European giants such as Inter Milan, and the list goes on..., why would a player of such a great reputation and abillity want to stay with a side that have proven they cannot match the needs of a World Class individual like himself????

The way I see it, Arsenal are still very lucky to have him, and he's proven his value to the club on several occasions this season! Arséne Wenger should seriously consider his place as a back-up player. That's just not him!
Dennis Bergkamp was NOT born to warm up benches and give one of the front 2 a rest late-on!
If there was just one player in todays game who deserved an automatic place in the side, Bergkamp would be a strong candidate!
Any other player under these circumstances would be very unhappy and unsettled at his club. They'd then go on to either request a transfer, or a whopping new deal!

But for some reason this just isn't Dennis Bergkamp??
He's decided to stay with the Gunners for one reason or another, when he could've easily attracted outside interest from around the globe!
It may be because of his love for the club or admiration for Wenger as manager, but it's gotta be a strong reason other than money! It just goes to show what a loyal servant Bergkamp is, where-as any of the French legion would surely run-off to Paris and sulk - Anelka-style!

So Arsenal beware, treat Dennis Bergkamp in the way he deserves, or he may call it a day on his Highbury career!!
And you'd also better watch how you handle your Frenchmen! Frogs can get stroppy if you don't treat them right!!
Fri 15/03/02 at 22:03
arsenal lost on penalties in the uefa cup final not 1-0
Sun 10/03/02 at 13:29
Regular
The reason Bergkamp is on the bench was because of his inconsistant performances and Bergkamps inconsitantsy is one of the reasons why Arsenal has not been that successful in recent years.

Now he is playing well he is being played regularly. I agree he is a good player and has the potential in every game to do magnificent things, but if he is not playing well he will not be picked. No one man is bigger than arsenal, ARSENAL ARE THE BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD!!!!!
Sun 10/03/02 at 12:36
Regular
RM18 wrote:
Wouldn't it be hilarious if the
> final of the Champion's League was Bayern v. Utd, and Samuel Kuffour scored an
> own goal in the last minute to win it for Utd!!

Heh, I'll never forget the picture of him banging the ground with his fists after losing in the final. Quality.
Sun 10/03/02 at 08:51
Regular
GasMask wrote:
> I like the way Arsenal, Newcastle, and Leeds play, but shame its not always
> consistant.

Man U Bayern on Wednesday!!

Can't wait. BTW I thought of something really funny. Wouldn't it be hilarious if the final of the Champion's League was Bayern v. Utd, and Samuel Kuffour scored an own goal in the last minute to win it for Utd!!
Sun 10/03/02 at 08:49
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
I like the way Arsenal, Newcastle, and Leeds play, but shame its not always consistant.

Man U Bayern on Wednesday!!
Sun 10/03/02 at 07:40
Regular
1-1
Sat 09/03/02 at 22:07
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
What was the final score then?
Sat 09/03/02 at 19:42
Regular
Have you heard Wenger this week? 'I think we can do the treble...We can be the biggest club in the world!' (in french accent)

What is he on? Arsenal have no chance of completing either!
Sat 09/03/02 at 19:35
Regular
Ah, the perfect result.

More games for Arsenal, more chance of them slippin up on thier assault for title.

Nice.
Sat 09/03/02 at 19:15
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Yeah, it is a good game. And I just hope Arsenal will loose!!
And it just goes to prove that he isn't chosen for the big games he deserves to play in! He's the trype of player they need, with experience and the abillity to change the game for Arsenal!! A sub appearence just isn't the same as the effect from Solskjaer or Forsell, when you use Bergkamp.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.