GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The best game. Ever."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/11/02 at 22:41
Regular
The best game of all..

You stare at your screen, only moving to wipe the dribble that slides slowly down your face.

The sun, bright as a bright thing. Shines gloriously in the sky, looking like it owned the whole sky. Attracting your eyes from anywhere. It was a ruler, a king, something to be looked upon just because of its sure beauty.

You knew that this was a start of a great game.

You could pick out single blades of grass and the way the light shone on them, and the way that it shadowed on surrounding blades of grass. The array of greens blended perfectly with the gorgeous perfect blue sky.

You begin your journey, you step out onto the ground. It happens to be concrete, the “Tap” of your shoes hitting the ground is almost harmonic. You admire the puddles from the shower of rain that must of happened last night or something.

Anywho, you admire the way that they reflect the cars brake lights as they pass by,

“Splish”

As you have decided to walk through these marvellous pieces of work. You turn back to watch the wonderful ripple, it seams very hypnotic, and very calming..

Alas, there is something in your way. It looks like a tramp of somewhat, you decide. Very carefully to walk past this “thing” and not disturb it in any way. The ragged clothes, the beard, the horrible yellow and black teeth. You almost vomit when he looks up and grins at you.

"Great graphics there." You thought..

You have had to walk around this tramp, god knows what would of happened if you had crossed the path of this blindly obvious mad man… probably come through it all missing limbs, or vital organs. That was a risk you were not willing to take. He was covering the whole of the path, you had to avoid him by walking on the grass. It looked so lush and green, like a smooth blanket of honey, you just wanted to touch it. And with the rain droplets twinkling in the suns light, to say the least, the graphics were looking superb.

“Sqwelch, sqwelch” it sounded so real. You could almost feel the water in your shoes. You looked down and your new shoes, and freshly pressed trousers were splattered with mud. This did not annoy you however, because it looked superb. So good in fact that you were willing to walk on the grass again, but you have a mission to accomplish.

Something roared past above, as you looked up to see what it was, they was a tree blocking your view, being autumn there was no leave on the trees, but there was a slight breeze as you could tell from the swaying of the branches, the sun glistened through the branches. Partially blinding you at its every opportunity.

It was a little plane, soaring so high it looked like it didn’t have a care in the world. Enough with the distractions already. And off you trot…

“BEEEEEP!”

“You silly b****r!”

The car whizzed by..

Being partially blinded, your eyes need a second to regain focus. During this second you had not only wandered into the road, but nearly got yourself killed in the process. And you got shouted at. Heh. This is a valuable lesson that will come in handy later on.

You step back onto the pavement.

And carry on walking, admiring the “Tip Tap Tip Tap” of your shoes hitting the ground. Chuck in a few trumpets, and you have a good tune there. You thought.

You turn a corner, and everything hits you at once, the queues and queues of cars. The people, walking about aimlessly, but they have an aim. Weird that.. the huge buildings, all the noises rolled into one and pushed into your ears with your brain having to process them. Excellent sound. You thought.

Instantly, your eyes are attracted to one certain building, like a holy grail. You walk to it. Almost zombified. Your mouth starts to open again.. you push the door open and once again, admire the sound, “Tinkle tinkle” went the little bell above the door.

Your there. The corner shop. Just to get your milk for your cornflakes :o)

Have a little thought, if a character came out of a game and you swapped positions. No longer would they have to look at the same boring walls. Do the same boring things.

They would think it’s the best game ever. And we live that game every day.

Enjoy your life, because after all, its just a big game.

GasMask
Tue 26/11/02 at 19:21
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Ah thanks mate. Every reply i've had from this topic was good.

BEARDS, some of us are cheating? Whats that supposed to mean?
Tue 26/11/02 at 18:53
Regular
Excellent Post. At first I was thinking, "Oh no, its another GTA fan showing off about the game" But nope, that one liner at the end cleared it all.

Nice one GasMask.
Tue 26/11/02 at 18:42
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/ display_messages.php?forumid=301&threadid=60491 (Spaces)

Robbed.
Mon 25/11/02 at 18:18
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Thanks very much all for the comments. I was just thinking about it when I was walking about then thought i'd write a topic. But cheers for the comments all :oP

*Blushes*
Mon 25/11/02 at 12:42
Regular
"bing bang bong"
I give up, is it Mario?
Sun 24/11/02 at 18:06
Wow, excellent post! How innovative. And true.
Sun 24/11/02 at 15:22
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
GnomeKiller wrote:
> So what Nintendo say is true... Life is a game.

And some of us are cheating.
Sun 24/11/02 at 14:35
Regular
"Link to the Future"
So what Nintendo say is true... Life is a game.
Sat 23/11/02 at 15:35
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
WOW. Amazing post there Gasmask. I really wasn't expecting the ending, and I feel that that made it better. As Russ said, it really was thought provoking.

Nice work, what are you going to claim for GAD? Life?

:D
Sat 23/11/02 at 15:28
Regular
Milk City, lol!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.