GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"who will win the battle,xbox,ps2, or gamecube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/03/02 at 17:09
Regular
The dicussion about who will be the best console has been going on for a long time now. Who will it be? ps2, xbox, or the gamecube? All the consoles are very powerful and have some very intelligent features.

Personally, i think the xbox is going to win just about, with gamecube coming second and ps2 coming third.

Because the xbox is made by microsoft, they've managed to squeeze in a huge 132-bit into the console, and if you compare 132-bit to n64's 64-bit theress a massive difference.

Gamecube may not be able to play dvd's or music, but the graphics are amazing and it will only be £150!

What console do you think is the best? I would be very interested to know
Sat 09/03/02 at 17:09
The dicussion about who will be the best console has been going on for a long time now. Who will it be? ps2, xbox, or the gamecube? All the consoles are very powerful and have some very intelligent features.

Personally, i think the xbox is going to win just about, with gamecube coming second and ps2 coming third.

Because the xbox is made by microsoft, they've managed to squeeze in a huge 132-bit into the console, and if you compare 132-bit to n64's 64-bit theress a massive difference.

Gamecube may not be able to play dvd's or music, but the graphics are amazing and it will only be £150!

What console do you think is the best? I would be very interested to know
Sat 09/03/02 at 17:23
Regular
cm2 wrote:
> The dicussion about who will be the best console has been going on for a long
> time now. Who will it be? ps2, xbox, or the gamecube? All the consoles are very
> powerful and have some very intelligent features.

Personally, i think the
> xbox is going to win just about, with gamecube coming second and ps2 coming
> third.

Because the xbox is made by microsoft, they've managed to squeeze in a
> huge 132-bit into the console, and if you compare 132-bit to n64's 64-bit
> theress a massive difference.

Isn't that 128-bit? And even so, the bittage doesn't account for much of a console's power as it did in the early days of the SNES and MegaDrive systems. And again, the N64 is and old machine, the Dreamcast was out ages ago and that was 128-bit, the GameCube and PS2 both boast 128 bit power.

Gamecube may not be able to play dvd's or
> music, but the graphics are amazing and it will only be £150!

I suggest you check SR's database for the price.
Sat 09/03/02 at 17:54
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
The gamers will win, thanks to competitive pricing.
Sat 09/03/02 at 18:51
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I think you're opinions are wrong. I think you're not the kind of prson that would like it here, and we wouldn't like you anyway. I think you should stop posting here and never come back.
Sat 09/03/02 at 18:59
turbonuteer we dont want u either :D
well atleast i dont. your turbojibberish bores me and gets me confused :(
Sun 10/03/02 at 02:45
1.PS2
2.X-Box
3.Gamecube
I think the X-Box is the best console but the PS2 will out sell it, the PS2 has already sold millions of consoles before the X-Box is released and with the PS2 being cheaper will continue to out sell the X-Box. Hard to say about the Gamecube not out till May here but I think it will come third in total consoles sold.
Sun 10/03/02 at 08:12
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:
> I think you're opinions are wrong. I think you're not the kind of prson that
> would like it here, and we wouldn't like you anyway. I think you should stop
> posting here and never come back.

Bit harsh, isn't it?
Sun 10/03/02 at 09:21
1.Cube
2.X-Box
3.PS2

Gameube will win cos its £150 cheaper than X-Box and it has better games, Gamecube is also selling better than X-Box in america and has more pre orders in europe.
Sun 10/03/02 at 09:25
Regular
1) PS2
2) Gamecube
3) Xbox

That is what I think the industry figures will show

1) Gamecube
2) PS2
3) GBA

and on till...

99) 3D0
100) X BOX
101) Jaguar

That is my personal opinion
Sun 10/03/02 at 09:28
Regular
"¬_¬"
PS2 may have outsold everything else, but that's because neither the Xbox nor GameCube are out yet. Suffice to say, when everything is released, the GC and Xbox will sell bucketloads more than the PS2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.