GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBox - the ultimate playa?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/03/02 at 16:22
Regular
Not a spelling mistake - The Playa is a well liked piece of software on the PC that plays DIVX movies. These are 10% the size of DVD films, and the quality is excellent. I wonder if anyone will make a DIVX player for the XBox? It's got to happen - all it is is a driver installed to the HD.

I think as well as playing DVDs and Audio CDs, XBox could be used to play all sorts of different media.

Not only that, but there are already people working on making emulators for it. Imagine a CD with a SNES emulator jam-packed full of SNES games, all ready to play via a custom menu? What about MAME? Sure, they might not be legal, but then you show me a household that isn't breaking the law. Taping a film off the TV and keeping it is illegal, but we all do it!!

With XBox, the possibilities are endless! Roll on March 14th!! :o)
Sun 10/03/02 at 22:28
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah I know her name. Worse still is that other prat whos recently got on there, that Carl - god what a complete gimp, you can tell he was a red coat.

I rarely see the channel - use it more to fill time between stuff I watch on TV from time to time.
Sun 10/03/02 at 19:08
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
Flee is her online name but her real life name is what 1/2pint?

*I do know*

Outlaw.
Sun 10/03/02 at 17:41
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Oh, and I think she did say what Outlaw_UK quoted.
Sun 10/03/02 at 17:40
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I'm not supposed to answer this but-

1)223
2)Flee, or something like that.

(sorry, I couldn't resist showing off my superior knowledge)

:-P
Sun 10/03/02 at 17:05
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
That wasn't a letter from Game Network you muppet. You don't even have digital TV - go on WHAT CHANNEL NUMBER IS IT?

The letter went: "will X-Box be able to play PC games?"
And the presenter (do you know her name 1/2pint? NO) said "unfortunately the X-Box is like all other consoles and can't play computer games).

So then if you have GN you will know:
1). Channel number.
2). Presenters name.

And I'll bet twenty quid you don't know EITHER - stupid tw...

Outlaw.
Sun 10/03/02 at 16:59
Regular
"¬_¬"
I quote a letter from the 'Game Network' (Ha!)

"Will the Xbox be able to play all my PC games?"

"Unfortunately, that hasn't been confirmed yet..."

Idiots...
Sun 10/03/02 at 16:54
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
Yeah, like PS2 and the Game Boy emulator. On a TV screen Pokemon Gold isn't that bad - gameplay of course, not graphics!!

Hahahahaha - I'm so funny,
Outlaw.
Sun 10/03/02 at 13:24
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
Absolutely, I doesn't want to turn into a PC. But, it would be cool to just slap in an emulator CD and play a few retro games!!
Sat 09/03/02 at 19:14
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
It would be pretty cool just aslong as they don't turn the X-Box into a PC. With all of these adjustments we're probably only excited because it's not been seen on a console before just a PC. Still roll on Thursday and all of these drivers/patches/software we can download!!

Outlaw.
Sat 09/03/02 at 16:22
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
Not a spelling mistake - The Playa is a well liked piece of software on the PC that plays DIVX movies. These are 10% the size of DVD films, and the quality is excellent. I wonder if anyone will make a DIVX player for the XBox? It's got to happen - all it is is a driver installed to the HD.

I think as well as playing DVDs and Audio CDs, XBox could be used to play all sorts of different media.

Not only that, but there are already people working on making emulators for it. Imagine a CD with a SNES emulator jam-packed full of SNES games, all ready to play via a custom menu? What about MAME? Sure, they might not be legal, but then you show me a household that isn't breaking the law. Taping a film off the TV and keeping it is illegal, but we all do it!!

With XBox, the possibilities are endless! Roll on March 14th!! :o)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.