GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"StarFox Adventures"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Fox Adventures'.
Fri 22/11/02 at 12:59
Regular
It came in the post today, on-time (cheers SR!), and I've been playing it for most of the morning (couldn't be bothered with school today, you see).
And so-far, I don't really have a lot of bad things to say about this game.
Then again... I haven't really played THAT much of it.

As far as the graphics are concerned, this game is superb!
Look at the detail on Fox McCloud's fur... So real you can almost stroke it! The water effects look lovely too, and so does everything else around the enviroments so-far. Especially when it poors-down with rain!

It looks like Zelda, but it isn't Zelda. Although a lot of the controls and stuff resemble the Zelda 64 games almost identically.
You've got you're usual "Attack", "Put Down", and the rest, and there's even a neat targeting system that works well - and you don't even have to press Z to lock-on to fight. Beating an enemy is too easy really, but the way Fox uses his staff, his wide-range of different moves... it's all so incredible to look at and watch as that dino doesn't even get a second to breathe!

And as for the accents, they've made me laugh so far!
There's a giant stone Warp blokey who sounds kinda like Billy Connoly, some odd ramblings from Genral Scales, Krystal and the local Dinosaurs, but the Mammoths don't sound right... Sounds like a Cockney BADLY impersonating a farmer from Devon, and it just doesn't work.
Good all the same though, really livens up the game further.

The in-space shoot-'em-up sections are good too, and they remind me of Lylat Wars, but with much-better graphics. It works just the same as before, but it looks a lot better. It's still easy too - and that's what most of the game seems to be like. But it's still fun.
And the bit where you chase 2 dinos on a Snowmobile-type-thing is good too, but a little frustrating when you hit the sides though.
That's pretty easy too.

It's a great game from what I can see so-far, but I have a feeling the adventure is going to be very linear in places. Even though it's not the Zelda clone some were expecting, you shouldn't put this game down like NGC and the rest have done. It may be pretty easy, but it's still fun.
Rare still could've done slightly better though.

Want to know anything else? Just ask.
And it only uses 3 blocks for saving!

But wasn't this supposed to be multiplayer or something?
And I wonder if we'll soon se Falco in a similar style game to this?
I hope so. :)
Fri 22/11/02 at 12:59
Regular
"Long time no see!"
It came in the post today, on-time (cheers SR!), and I've been playing it for most of the morning (couldn't be bothered with school today, you see).
And so-far, I don't really have a lot of bad things to say about this game.
Then again... I haven't really played THAT much of it.

As far as the graphics are concerned, this game is superb!
Look at the detail on Fox McCloud's fur... So real you can almost stroke it! The water effects look lovely too, and so does everything else around the enviroments so-far. Especially when it poors-down with rain!

It looks like Zelda, but it isn't Zelda. Although a lot of the controls and stuff resemble the Zelda 64 games almost identically.
You've got you're usual "Attack", "Put Down", and the rest, and there's even a neat targeting system that works well - and you don't even have to press Z to lock-on to fight. Beating an enemy is too easy really, but the way Fox uses his staff, his wide-range of different moves... it's all so incredible to look at and watch as that dino doesn't even get a second to breathe!

And as for the accents, they've made me laugh so far!
There's a giant stone Warp blokey who sounds kinda like Billy Connoly, some odd ramblings from Genral Scales, Krystal and the local Dinosaurs, but the Mammoths don't sound right... Sounds like a Cockney BADLY impersonating a farmer from Devon, and it just doesn't work.
Good all the same though, really livens up the game further.

The in-space shoot-'em-up sections are good too, and they remind me of Lylat Wars, but with much-better graphics. It works just the same as before, but it looks a lot better. It's still easy too - and that's what most of the game seems to be like. But it's still fun.
And the bit where you chase 2 dinos on a Snowmobile-type-thing is good too, but a little frustrating when you hit the sides though.
That's pretty easy too.

It's a great game from what I can see so-far, but I have a feeling the adventure is going to be very linear in places. Even though it's not the Zelda clone some were expecting, you shouldn't put this game down like NGC and the rest have done. It may be pretty easy, but it's still fun.
Rare still could've done slightly better though.

Want to know anything else? Just ask.
And it only uses 3 blocks for saving!

But wasn't this supposed to be multiplayer or something?
And I wonder if we'll soon se Falco in a similar style game to this?
I hope so. :)
Fri 22/11/02 at 13:28
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I might or might not have it, I'm not sure. Only time will tell. I hope it's good, although i have heard the fights are too easy from various sources.
Fri 22/11/02 at 13:39
Regular
hmmm im getting nightfire next week
Fri 22/11/02 at 19:46
Regular
Solskjær wrote:
> It came in the post today, on-time (cheers SR!), and I've been playing
> it for most of the morning (couldn't be bothered with school today,
> you see).

Are you one of those people they interviewed on a breakfast program a couple of nights ago, asking why they weren't at school? ;-)

One of them responded, "I got up late this morning"

"And you think that's a good reason not to go to school?"

"Well, you know, I had to have a bath, and like, get up and that".

I'm completely seriously, worryingly enough...
Fri 22/11/02 at 20:34
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Nah, I didn't get it. Og well, there's always tomorrow...

(Yes, I did notice that tremendous typing error, but I liked it and decided to keep it in ;) )
Fri 22/11/02 at 21:05
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
Im getting mixed reviews about this game. Is it worth buying. Digitiser gave it 2/10, said it was a kiddies game. Dont know about this game, if its good or not.
Fri 22/11/02 at 21:15
Regular
da_1_n_only wrote:
> Is it worth buying.
> Digitiser gave it 2/10, said it was a kiddies game.

Conclusive proof that Digitiser are the biggest bunch of game illiterate tw*ts in the world.

It's not the best game in the world obviously, but 2 out of 10? WTF?

My fanboy sense is tingling..
Fri 22/11/02 at 21:35
Regular
I played a demo of it today in game, and it was pretty good. I found the space bit boring but getting down to some fighting was very cool. Fox beats the enemies to a pulp and the pausing effect is neat.

The graphics are top notch, and his fur is very detailed, and the dinosaurs look cool. Can't wait to get it for Christmas.
Fri 22/11/02 at 22:48
Regular
Blank wrote:
> Nah, I didn't get it. Og well, there's always tomorrow...

I wouldn't hold you breath for this game mate, if you didn't like Mario Sunshine then I don't think you're gonna find much to like in Starfox.....you never know though..
Fri 22/11/02 at 22:50
Regular
i like Mario sunshine tho........ i cant bare to think hitting enemies with a stick as afox....... more of Link hitting enemies with a mighty sword o.O

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.