GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"True story, featuring sex, lies, and uncensored action!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/03/02 at 23:42
Regular
As many of you are aware, the X-box has been in many a retailer's store for a couple weeks now, allowing you to see how good the console is so you can get an opinion of it, and hopefully (for the retailer) you'll buy or pre-order one. After playing on an X-box on more than one occasion, I have come to the conclusion that it's not the console for me.

So, after hearing from Fish-e there was a GaeCube in my local Dixons store, I had to take a look! Me and my best friend (you know him as Dark Mark here) went into Dixons tody and saw the GameCube just lying there on a shelf, plugged into a panasonic TV, ready for anyone to play on it, and it's first completed title, Luigi's Mansion.

Hwoever, there was a bloke attatched to the controller, thus not eabling us to have a go right away. So, whilst we waited, I watched the screen, watching him suck up a few coins, a table cloth, ad various other items, but then my eyes glanced back down to th GameCube itself, just sitting there on the shelf. I was amazed! It was tiny! The four controller ports were tiny semi-circular holes in the front, two tiny little slots for memory cards lay beneath. And the taped down lid for putting in the disks looked minute compared to that of my Dreamcast.

Finally, after waiting for a further five minutes, the bloke detatttched himself and handed the controller over to me. I was instantly in love with it! TheGameCube controller is most definately thebest controller I have ever used, making me feel as if it's a contler I've always used! It's so comfortable, the analogue stick is ea to reach, the A, X and Y buttons are easy to reach, the C-stic s so easy to manage with the right hand, and the most comfortabe of all, were the L and R buttons, which didn't seem like they were buttons at all, but the shape of the controller itself, til I pressed them.

However, i haven't mentioned the B and the Z buttons. The B button doesn't feel as comfortable to use as the others, but it's ok. Could be worse, it could be one of the many X-box buttons. However,the Z button wasn't so great to use, making me need to slightly reposition my hand to press it with some degree of ease. If anything, the R-button would be better as a trigger button in FPS style games.

Luigi's mansion played like a dream, despite the fact that I couldn't skip the text (no need to read it if I'm only having a quick go) and I felt saddened when I had to leave the over heated Dixon store. Never mind, I've had the opportunity to play the best console ever! Roll on May the 3rd!

So now, after playing all three, here's the order in which I'd rate the current top consoles:

GameCube (9.9/10)
Game Boy Advance (8/10)
Dreamcast (8/10)
Playstation 2 (7.5/10)
ZX Spectrum 48k (7.5/10)
X-box (5/10)

Ok, I bet you've figured out I lied in the topic title, never mind, this may educate some of you :)
Fri 08/03/02 at 23:42
Regular
As many of you are aware, the X-box has been in many a retailer's store for a couple weeks now, allowing you to see how good the console is so you can get an opinion of it, and hopefully (for the retailer) you'll buy or pre-order one. After playing on an X-box on more than one occasion, I have come to the conclusion that it's not the console for me.

So, after hearing from Fish-e there was a GaeCube in my local Dixons store, I had to take a look! Me and my best friend (you know him as Dark Mark here) went into Dixons tody and saw the GameCube just lying there on a shelf, plugged into a panasonic TV, ready for anyone to play on it, and it's first completed title, Luigi's Mansion.

Hwoever, there was a bloke attatched to the controller, thus not eabling us to have a go right away. So, whilst we waited, I watched the screen, watching him suck up a few coins, a table cloth, ad various other items, but then my eyes glanced back down to th GameCube itself, just sitting there on the shelf. I was amazed! It was tiny! The four controller ports were tiny semi-circular holes in the front, two tiny little slots for memory cards lay beneath. And the taped down lid for putting in the disks looked minute compared to that of my Dreamcast.

Finally, after waiting for a further five minutes, the bloke detatttched himself and handed the controller over to me. I was instantly in love with it! TheGameCube controller is most definately thebest controller I have ever used, making me feel as if it's a contler I've always used! It's so comfortable, the analogue stick is ea to reach, the A, X and Y buttons are easy to reach, the C-stic s so easy to manage with the right hand, and the most comfortabe of all, were the L and R buttons, which didn't seem like they were buttons at all, but the shape of the controller itself, til I pressed them.

However, i haven't mentioned the B and the Z buttons. The B button doesn't feel as comfortable to use as the others, but it's ok. Could be worse, it could be one of the many X-box buttons. However,the Z button wasn't so great to use, making me need to slightly reposition my hand to press it with some degree of ease. If anything, the R-button would be better as a trigger button in FPS style games.

Luigi's mansion played like a dream, despite the fact that I couldn't skip the text (no need to read it if I'm only having a quick go) and I felt saddened when I had to leave the over heated Dixon store. Never mind, I've had the opportunity to play the best console ever! Roll on May the 3rd!

So now, after playing all three, here's the order in which I'd rate the current top consoles:

GameCube (9.9/10)
Game Boy Advance (8/10)
Dreamcast (8/10)
Playstation 2 (7.5/10)
ZX Spectrum 48k (7.5/10)
X-box (5/10)

Ok, I bet you've figured out I lied in the topic title, never mind, this may educate some of you :)
Fri 08/03/02 at 23:44
Regular
"I DARE YOU"
Fri 08/03/02 at 23:46
Regular
"All about the Beats"
BAN ME wrote:
> pokemon rulespokemon rulespokemon rulespokemon rulespokemon rulespokemon
> rulespokemon rulespokemon rulespokemon rulespokemon rulespokemon rulespokemon
> rules

What is the world coming to?
Fri 08/03/02 at 23:49
Regular
"I DARE YOU"
Fri 08/03/02 at 23:49
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Nice post, i agree. I liked the X-box but gamecube really is good, and now the news of Final Fantasy coming to GameCube, its got my swinging in Gamecubes corner!!
Fri 08/03/02 at 23:59
Regular
SR-staff, feel free to delete "Ban-Me's" messages, and please don't allow people to reigster with "free webmail" email addresses. Keep current users using them on, but do something to block new registrations using them. That's what allows banned members, which I suspect that JAT is, from coming back!
Fri 08/03/02 at 23:59
Regular
"Remember me?"
After Edgy had finished playing and I picked up the GameCube controller.....oh, I almost went WET with joy! As soon as I picked it up, it felt like I had been born with the GameCube controller attached to my hands. It was just so comfortable.

I wasn't going to bother buying a GameCube for quite some time, but now that I've experienced what a joy it is to play....I might be buying one sooner than I thought.....
Sat 09/03/02 at 00:01
Regular
"I DARE YOU"
Sat 09/03/02 at 00:02
Regular
BAN ME wrote:
> Edgy wrote:
> SR-staff, feel free to delete "Ban-Me's" messages,
> and please don't
> allow people to reigster with "free webmail"
> email addresses. Keep
> current users using them on, but do something to
> block new registrations using
> them. That's what allows banned members,
> which I suspect that JAT is, from
> coming back!

F UCK OFF

Why, would that spoil your fun?

aw...diddums....
Sat 09/03/02 at 00:06
Regular
"Remember me?"
BAN ME is SUCH a hard man! OOOOHHH! And did you see his "cunning" method of disguising his abusive language? OOOOH, what a criminal mastermind. I'm going WET with glee!

BAN ME, you're a fart. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.