GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GAMECUBE-HOW GOOD ARE THE GAMES?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/11/02 at 11:14
Regular
oi
how good are these gamecube games cos im thinkin bout gettin 1 for christmas and i wanna know if there any good
thanks
Sat 23/11/02 at 11:14
oi
how good are these gamecube games cos im thinkin bout gettin 1 for christmas and i wanna know if there any good
thanks
Sat 23/11/02 at 11:16
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Have a look around this forum. There's lots of posts explaining what games are good and what you should/shouldn't buy etc.

:)
Sat 23/11/02 at 11:30
Regular
"Festivus!"
Games

Super Mario Sunshine

The Gamecubes defining moment so far and an ultimate classic - other 'top selling' games may have violence and gore, but Mario here has imagination, skill and a lot of gameplay and relay value. I had extremely high expectations for this, and the night before it came out was Christmas... I played it for 7 hours that saturday and 7 more the day afte - I still go back to it now, just for kicks.

Super Smash Bros. Melee

When I first looked at this game I detested it - Nintendo doing a Beat - 'em - up? Pffft... Then i lent t from my step - cousin from across the rad and I was in love, playing it for hours on end. It is something to behold - Brilliant power ups, marvelous graphics and a whole lotta fun, especially in multiplayer.

Super Monkey Ball

A typical Japanese idea, cutesy graphics and all based around a Monkey in a Ball rolling around mazes to beat the clock... Sound Crap? Once you've tasted your first Drop of Monkeyness you won't be able to stop for at least a week. With a wealth of 'party games' like Monkey fight, ou'll have fun with your mates and, with Mini games to unlock, you'll still be Playing well into next Christmas.

Luigi's Mansion

Brought out on release day, Luigi's Mansion was considered by many as flop by many, but not me, oh no. I played on it for a whole weekend, and yes, I did complete it in that time, but that is not the point - it kept me engaged for all the time I was playing it, and even went back for some more. Yes, it may be short, but it is sweeter than a tonne of nesquick with condensed milk on, which is better than a long drawn out game, isn't it?

Mario Party 4

The other Mario party games on the N64 may have not been some of the consoles highlights, but this time Mario and c. are going all out for fun with 50 mini games to choose from. You can play with a friend, which is the best option, or simply play alone. I'm getting this Free...

Their are many other games for you to choose from like Die hard Vendetta, Eternal Darkness, Resident evil etc., but seeing as I know very little about all of these, I'll leave it to someone else to advise you about...#

Tribute (c)
Sat 23/11/02 at 11:37
Regular
"Australian Person."
Yup the games Tribute mentioned are all great.
Also Try...

Wave Race:Blue Storm- Great fun here, the wtaer effects are amazing, nice music as well. Might not be for everyone but I like it.

Rouge Leader- Classic battles from the original Star Wars movies, plus some new one. If you like Star Wars get it now.
Sat 23/11/02 at 11:40
Regular
"Festivus!"
I didn't like Star Wars that much, I found the first mission tedious... And I was crap at it...
Sat 23/11/02 at 12:48
Regular
If you're thinking of buying a GameCube, the best place to go is:

http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages. [SPACE] php?threadid=59967&forumid=132¤tsort=desc

Just don't forget to delete the [SPACE], and join up the two parts. Alternatively, I could post it all in here if you want.
Sat 23/11/02 at 12:58
Regular
"Festivus!"
You'll be plugging that for years rto come won't you Mave?
Sat 23/11/02 at 13:04
Regular
Sorry Trib. Why don't you head on over to

http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages. [SPACE] php?threadid=59967&forumid=132¤tsort=desc

to calm down? :D
Sat 23/11/02 at 13:29
Regular
"Festivus!"
Argh!
Sat 23/11/02 at 13:32
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Nah the games are pretty crap value.

I mean look at the size of the discs compared to the PS2 and X-Box ones.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.