GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"is the ps2 good"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/11/02 at 18:31
Regular
im thinking of buying the ps2 soon and i wanted to know if it was good or not people are saying that the xbox is better cause i ve aleady got a gamecube and i want another and im thinking of the ps2 i know that gta vc is one of the best games on it but what other reasons are there for buying it

plae help me im confused

heeeeeeeeelllllllllpppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sat 23/11/02 at 18:31
Regular
"And some more !"
im thinking of buying the ps2 soon and i wanted to know if it was good or not people are saying that the xbox is better cause i ve aleady got a gamecube and i want another and im thinking of the ps2 i know that gta vc is one of the best games on it but what other reasons are there for buying it

plae help me im confused

heeeeeeeeelllllllllpppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sat 23/11/02 at 19:13
Regular
"You can't catch me!"
grand theft ali wrote:
> im thinking of buying the ps2 soon and i wanted to know if it was good
> or not people are saying that the xbox is better cause i ve aleady got
> a gamecube and i want another and im thinking of the ps2 i know that
> gta vc is one of the best games on it but what other reasons are there
> for buying it
>
> plae help me im confused
>
> heeeeeeeeelllllllllpppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Firstly, the X-Box is not better than a PS2. It has far fewer games, of a less good standard.

One defininte reason, as you said is GTA.VC - which you should get because it is a huge break through in gaming, and also as you don't have GTA3 it will all be new to you. You should also get it for Timesplitters 2 - one of the most funnest games I have ever played. There are loads of other games coming soon as well, such as kingdom hearts.
Sat 23/11/02 at 19:13
"period drama"
I really did want to come on here and get realy angry and sarcastic at you because I feel like it.
But no, I'll be nice.
I hate to, but I'll be nice.

At the moment I would say that Ps2 is the best console to have - it covers every genre with a variety of games and has the best line-up of recently released games and forthcomeing ones. Such as VC, o' course, FFX, Burnout 2, Ratchet and Clank and many others. Plus you can get re-released coin-ops conversions and classics for the PSone to play for £20.

The GC is a close 2nd. The grahics are lovely in Mario Sunshine for instance, with is a very good game. At the moment it's still a bit more for the kiddies - not so many genres covered or 'gorwn up' games aorund, shall we say?
Super Monkey Ball always stays up there, plus it's got access to Sonic which the PS2 lacks at present, as well as Mario and Link of course.
Maybe Resi evil will encourage a few more mature games to appear over the next few months.

X-Box is not so good.
Technically, it's got the best potential in terms of graphics and the like, but that's not much good if there aren't any good games to take advantage.
There's been a spate of average games recently, but a few promicing titles are on their way covering a variety of genres.
Personally, I think the Box is still stuck on Halo and Jet Set Radio Future. It should have progressed beyond there by now.
Plus, it's just not very nice to look at : )

Hope that helps,
FFF

P.S If you'd like to give me an incentive, I'll rip you apart with sarcasm and ironic wit.
Brace yourself.
Sun 24/11/02 at 17:11
Regular
"And some more !"
thanks all of you ispecially final fantasy finatic im gonna get a ps2 for christmas and its gonna be very good

cheers lol
grand theft ali
Tue 26/11/02 at 13:21
"cheerios"
yes, get the ps2...a wise decision
Wed 27/11/02 at 08:29
Regular
If others are nice, I'll be nasty then. If you need to post on a forum to ask people what console to get, you are pretty much a lost case. If you can't decide for yourself, you will not be happy with whatever you get because there will always be something on the other console that you crave.

After all this time I can't believe that people are still posting silly questions like this.
Wed 27/11/02 at 09:52
Regular
My guess is that the decision was pretty much already made. If you`re fairly sure you want to go for a certain console... but do realise there are other possibilities, its nice to have other people pat you on the back and say "Ya made the right decision", as it`ll take away the doubt that any wise person has, and allow that person to feel good about their decision.
Wed 27/11/02 at 10:09
"Darkness, always"
In order to weight the opinions on this subject, I think that for someone with a GameCube already in their possession, an XBOX is worth thinking about.

You won't see games like Championship manager effectively ported to any other consoles. XBOX has more processing power (in terms of raw CPU mhz, rather than graphics processing), which real number crunching games like the CM series require. Further, it comes with a harddrive as standard, something I imagine CM also requires on a console. Considering that my PC Championship manager save games are in excess of 100MB in size, a PS2 memory isn't going to stand up to that.

So it all depends what sort of games you want to add to your collection. If you want more of the same, then a PS2 is the way to go. If you want something a little different, then the XBOX is certainly worth a sniff, unless you have a powerful home PC, in which case, just stick with what you've got, you won't miss too much (lo XBOX emulators :Þ).

It all boils down to the games. Get a few magazines, browse a few sites, read as many reviews as you can on the games available for both consoles, and make a decision based on them.

After all, it's not about whose console is best, it's about who has the best games - for you.

IB
Wed 27/11/02 at 10:22
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
That's great IB, but I'm pretty sure anyone who wants to play Champ will have a copy on their PC. The rest don't give a t*ss about boring statistical games like that. :-)
Wed 27/11/02 at 10:44
"Darkness, always"
Darwock wrote:
> That's great IB, but I'm pretty sure anyone who wants to play Champ
> will have a copy on their PC. The rest don't give a t*ss about boring
> statistical games like that. :-)

Boring, statistical games??

*twitches*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.