GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My thoughts."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/03/02 at 19:47
Regular
Sorry for yet another MGS 2 topic, but i guess one more wont hurt.

Anyway, today the game finally arrived at my door....on release day so i cant complain when it was free can i. :D
The point of the post? To tell you what i think of the game, ans first impressions are alright.

Yep, from my hour and a half play and can see that this is a darn good game, as the first one was. To start with the graphics and animation of Snake and the soldiers are perfect, watching them move as i control Snake is just like watching a movie. The graphics are excellent and everything looks very smooth and the extra special effects like the rain and even the small moths are something to be gazed at with utter suprise of how much thought went into it. Even the ice cubs in the lounge of the ship had me playing for 5 minutes. This is by far one of the best looking games to date..Snake needs a shave though.

The gameplay cant be faulted either, its not much different from the previous game which had good controls, all the buttons do the same. But there is one major improvement, the first-person view aiming system. Its far better now that you can look around every where like before but you can also shoot the soldiers from a far distance too, making those times with many soldiers around a little more easier to get through. The controls dont take long to get use to, even if you havent played the games before. The only little niggle that i have is that the Anolog stick seems to be a little too resposinve and in times of panic you can make some mistakes like running too far into a corridor only for a soldier to see you, and also the walking setting seems to occupy only a very small space of the stick so it takes some time to find it..but i suppose you get use to it after a while.

As of yet i cant really comment on the story line as i have only played it a bit, and thenn i have been messing around killing baddies in the most adventuress way that i can, such as kicking the soldiers off ledges making then fall to a nasty death, or even just scaring the hell out of them and making them dance for my own enjoyment.

The only real niggle i do have with the game is the cut scenes. Now im the type of gamer that likes to watch these things, and always do, i never skip them, and never will. But you really do have to admit that they are very long on MGS 2, however good they are, which they are i keep getting the urge to press start to skip them. The first opening scene alone must have been going on 10 minutes long, and thats far too long. But i guess thats the price to pay for the movie like game.

On a whole though, i think this is a very good game, and one that im going to try and make last for a while. My aim is to try and do the game as stealthy as i can, and try and kill each soldier with no detection......which i have done so far.

But if you have a PS2, you really do have to at least rent it out.
Fri 08/03/02 at 19:47
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Sorry for yet another MGS 2 topic, but i guess one more wont hurt.

Anyway, today the game finally arrived at my door....on release day so i cant complain when it was free can i. :D
The point of the post? To tell you what i think of the game, ans first impressions are alright.

Yep, from my hour and a half play and can see that this is a darn good game, as the first one was. To start with the graphics and animation of Snake and the soldiers are perfect, watching them move as i control Snake is just like watching a movie. The graphics are excellent and everything looks very smooth and the extra special effects like the rain and even the small moths are something to be gazed at with utter suprise of how much thought went into it. Even the ice cubs in the lounge of the ship had me playing for 5 minutes. This is by far one of the best looking games to date..Snake needs a shave though.

The gameplay cant be faulted either, its not much different from the previous game which had good controls, all the buttons do the same. But there is one major improvement, the first-person view aiming system. Its far better now that you can look around every where like before but you can also shoot the soldiers from a far distance too, making those times with many soldiers around a little more easier to get through. The controls dont take long to get use to, even if you havent played the games before. The only little niggle that i have is that the Anolog stick seems to be a little too resposinve and in times of panic you can make some mistakes like running too far into a corridor only for a soldier to see you, and also the walking setting seems to occupy only a very small space of the stick so it takes some time to find it..but i suppose you get use to it after a while.

As of yet i cant really comment on the story line as i have only played it a bit, and thenn i have been messing around killing baddies in the most adventuress way that i can, such as kicking the soldiers off ledges making then fall to a nasty death, or even just scaring the hell out of them and making them dance for my own enjoyment.

The only real niggle i do have with the game is the cut scenes. Now im the type of gamer that likes to watch these things, and always do, i never skip them, and never will. But you really do have to admit that they are very long on MGS 2, however good they are, which they are i keep getting the urge to press start to skip them. The first opening scene alone must have been going on 10 minutes long, and thats far too long. But i guess thats the price to pay for the movie like game.

On a whole though, i think this is a very good game, and one that im going to try and make last for a while. My aim is to try and do the game as stealthy as i can, and try and kill each soldier with no detection......which i have done so far.

But if you have a PS2, you really do have to at least rent it out.
Fri 08/03/02 at 19:51
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Another MGS topic...

we will be closed down I tells ya!

;-)

I think you should put this in the review section.
Fri 08/03/02 at 19:54
very good topic,hope it gets you a GAD
Fri 08/03/02 at 19:56
Regular
Wasnt really a GAD topic, i just thought i would put my thoughts out as everyone else is.
Fri 08/03/02 at 20:00
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
That would be funny, win a GAD with a review from a GAD.

Good post Pro ;D

Still wish I had the game this morning......oh well, tomorrow's another day!
Fri 08/03/02 at 20:06
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I wonder if you still get the "making of" DVD when you rent it.

Not that I care or anything....
Fri 08/03/02 at 20:08
Regular
I havent even touched the DVD yet, and wont till after i have done the game. They too often give the plot away.

eg: Silent Hill 2.
Fri 08/03/02 at 20:56
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Pro Evo wrote:
> I havent even touched the DVD yet, and wont till after i have done the game.
> They too often give the plot away.

eg: Silent Hill 2.

ive seen it, dosnt give the plot away much
however it does hint.

How far you got in the game so far?
Fri 08/03/02 at 20:59
Regular
Silent hill 2, about half way i think.

MGS 2, not far at all, im just messing around with it at the moment.
Fri 08/03/02 at 21:10
Regular
"es argh"
Ug like MGS2, ug like play with stick and stone more though.

Nice post still, need to think about it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.