GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Animated advertising boards in slow motion"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/10/07 at 20:48
"Was the man of marz"
I first thought of epileptics a while back but it was only watching the footie highlights last night that reminded me. During slow motion replays the advertising boards around the edge of the playing field flash repeatedly. Of course in real time it’s barely noticeable but these changeable advertisements haven’t been mainstream for that long so why hasn’t something been done about them. If the Olympic logo is pulled within days for this reason and not that it was an insane amount of money then advertising revenues can't be more important than peoples health.
Wed 24/10/07 at 13:49
"Was the man of marz"
Twain wrote:
> PErsonally though, if it were up to me, they be gone in an
> instant. Blatant waste of tax-payers money. Stick to the good,
> cheap, static ones that don't use up the planet's precious
> energy, tax-payer's money or people's lifespan.

Are you talking about the advertisements or the Olympic logo? I'm pretty sure the advertisers themselves pay for the hoardings, or the clubs, which would mean it comes out of the fans pocket(s). If you mean the Olympic logo I thought that was mainly lottery funded. I know Londoners have to contribute through council tax but there will be some half decent facilities left over.

> There are so many better things the money could be spent on
> without endangering people's health.

Can't argue with that, in fact now it seems the opposite is happening, in that a lack of money is endangering people’s health.
Mon 22/10/07 at 11:42
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Thio reminds me of when those electric cats eye's were removed from a road somewhere because they caused epileptic seizures in drivers.

PErsonally though, if it were up to me, they be gone in an instant. Blatant waste of tax-payers money. Stick to the good, cheap, static ones that don't use up the planet's precious energy, tax-payer's money or people's lifespan.

There are so many better things the money could be spent on without endangering people's health.
Mon 22/10/07 at 11:27
"Was the man of marz"
pb wrote:
> It's a good point, I never really thought of it before. But have
> there actually been any cases of epileptics having seizures due
> to advertising boards? I’m sure someone must have done some
> research in to it by now, but maybe not...

I'm not sure. The boards haven't been around for that many seasons so it is possible no one has brought it up yet. I'd like to see slow motion replays stopped anyway, as skills are performed in real time, and can never really be appreciated in anything else.
Mon 22/10/07 at 09:15
"possibly impossible"
It's a good point, I never really thought of it before. But have there actually been any cases of epileptics having seizures due to advertising boards? I’m sure someone must have done some research in to it by now, but maybe not...
Sun 21/10/07 at 20:48
"Was the man of marz"
I first thought of epileptics a while back but it was only watching the footie highlights last night that reminded me. During slow motion replays the advertising boards around the edge of the playing field flash repeatedly. Of course in real time it’s barely noticeable but these changeable advertisements haven’t been mainstream for that long so why hasn’t something been done about them. If the Olympic logo is pulled within days for this reason and not that it was an insane amount of money then advertising revenues can't be more important than peoples health.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.