GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"N64 is not dead"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/11/02 at 09:36
Regular
the gamecube is the best console on the planet but this doesnt mean that the N64 is dead! why does nowhere sell N64 games anymore? the N64 lives on! who's with me?
Sun 24/11/02 at 15:34
Regular
"^_^"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Parr wrote:
> I just want to know why people still buy PS1's. Is it because they
> keep breaking at home? and people have to go out and get
> replacements?
>
> Well that reminds me of a funny story I heard actually. You may
> already know, but for the benefit of those who don't...
>
> Ever annoyed how PS2 owner's go on about how well their console is
> selling worldwide, and Japan? Well there's a partial reason for that.
> When it was initially released, in Japan, they virtually all had
> faults and needed to be replaced. But these Japanese people had no
> warranty and couldn't get a replacement, forcing them to buy a new one
> and effectively doubling Japanese PS2 sales!

And they Suit Nintendo for Price Fixing!
Sun 24/11/02 at 15:29
Regular
Parr wrote:
> I just want to know why people still buy PS1's. Is it because they
> keep breaking at home? and people have to go out and get replacements?

Well that reminds me of a funny story I heard actually. You may already know, but for the benefit of those who don't...

Ever annoyed how PS2 owner's go on about how well their console is selling worldwide, and Japan? Well there's a partial reason for that. When it was initially released, in Japan, they virtually all had faults and needed to be replaced. But these Japanese people had no warranty and couldn't get a replacement, forcing them to buy a new one and effectively doubling Japanese PS2 sales!
Sun 24/11/02 at 15:04
Regular
"^_^"
I have my own. I do not need to pay for it!
Sun 24/11/02 at 14:48
most of my friends who have a ps2 play ps1 games (does this say somthign about ps2 games?) and also i will keep my n64 and 16 games cause if i were to sell it i would want at least £200, even though its worth much more, whos gonna pay for it?
Sun 24/11/02 at 14:46
Regular
"^_^"
I just want to know why people still buy PS1's. Is it because they keep breaking at home? and people have to go out and get replacements?
Sun 24/11/02 at 14:34
Regular
I prefer Timesplitters 2, but that's another story. The N64 is still, and always will be a great console. It's just impractical for retailers to stock games for old consoles when the demand is so much higher for the new ones, though.
Sun 24/11/02 at 11:55
Regular
"^_^"
Perfect Dark is still the best multiplayer FPS on a Nintendo Console. It is just so fun, you get stats and everything!

¦:¬D
Sun 24/11/02 at 11:49
Regular
The N64 is in my flat's kitchen. We play quite a bit - PD, Zeldas, THPS 2 mostly.

I bought timesplitters 2 thinking it'd replace perfect dark. Nope, still mostly PD for multiplayer. Might be because it colours the players by team in pd. We like simplicity :^)
Sun 24/11/02 at 11:31
Regular
"^_^"
Wait untill the Gamecube has a back catalouge of 100 amazing games. But yeah I play my N64 a hell of alot too!
Sun 24/11/02 at 10:53
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Play my N64 more than my Cube!

:P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.