GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"new people"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/11/02 at 13:16
Regular
Is it me or is there a lot of just arrived on the chat forums now and a lot of newbie aswell im not a newbie i was about a week ago but since i became a reguler i have noticed a lot of them.
Mon 25/11/02 at 12:44
Regular
"  "
Hmmm, then maybe you should know not to copy stuff. :|
Mon 25/11/02 at 12:43
Regular
I've been a member of SR for a lot longer than you. I've known about these chat rooms for ages but I hadn't used them until I met you at college.
Mon 25/11/02 at 12:39
Regular
"  "
I brought ellisuk and Crack Up Lad here. Eliisuk is a copying git (:)) and Crack Up Lad just told me I had won GAD. He was seriouse and everything and I was just about to claim and I realised I hadn't. What a seriously retarded sense of humour :@ He will be punched.
Mon 25/11/02 at 11:03
Ashley wrote:

Put your real address in on the Noob account.
> Change your address on your own account. .

I'm sure they would be able to track it through their database's though.

The all seeing Snuggly will not be fooled.
Mon 25/11/02 at 10:44
Regular
"Remember me?"
SleepingLionheart wrote:
> hi

Wow!!
Mon 25/11/02 at 10:40
"griever"
hi
Mon 25/11/02 at 10:34
Regular
"Remember me?"
AliBoy wrote:
> Well it wouldn't be very hard for the SR Staff to tell who is actually
> new to the site and who is just faking it to win a game.

Wouldn't it? I was Bubbly Babe for 43 days before I messed that up.

Tiltawhirl thought he was on a promise.

Hur hur! (as he'd say)
Mon 25/11/02 at 10:27
"Darkness, always"
Anyone logging in from an office or from AOL is all but untraceable via conventional means.

It can be done though.
Mon 25/11/02 at 08:30
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
AliBoy wrote:

> Not sure but I know a lot of places that hold your IP address so they
> can identify each user no matter if they change names or create
> different profiles but I'm not sure if that is used here.

Don't lots of ISPs use free roming IPs, so that you get a different one every time you log in. It wouldn#'t work for me either because I move around at work between Labs and Offices, and I have my computer at home.
Mon 25/11/02 at 00:26
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I think they have better ways of tracing than address. (I would hope they do anyway)

Even setting up a different e-mail address and having the address as a relatives or friends would work to to have a different user.

Not sure but I know a lot of places that hold your IP address so they can identify each user no matter if they change names or create different profiles but I'm not sure if that is used here.

Either way though if someone cheats it and wins I think SR should e-mail the rest of us their address and we can show our appreciation to the ungrateful little chap

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.