GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do not reward the biased like grix reward the open minded like Ant, Arty and Dan"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/10/00 at 22:14
Regular
come on SR. Cop yourself on!
Page:
Mon 02/10/00 at 22:14
come on SR. Cop yourself on!
Mon 02/10/00 at 22:15
And they should probably award you too, right ???
Mon 02/10/00 at 22:22
Everyone has opinions. Everyone has the right to express opinions. Of course, backing them up with facts is better, but there you go. I believe in speaking your mind just so long as you don't expect everyone else to agree with you. Why should SR award people who don't have an opinion? I think Grix deserves an award for his interesting posts, biased or not, as does everyone else.
Tue 03/10/00 at 17:45
Regular
I hardly see how I am that biased! I think just because I said the graphics on the PS2 were "adequate", you immediatly jumped to its defense! I provided evidence, and that is the opposite of bias!

I saw a game on the PS2. I didn't think the graphics were that good, and I stated that I, like many others, hate FMV. I am unsure why I called the topic PS2... but I know that all I said was based on pure factual evidence.

Reply to that. Huh. Go on.
Tue 03/10/00 at 18:59
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
miow, whats this!
wow, I hardly think that ANT, DAN and ARTY are unbiased! Grix has said sent some compliments in the direction of the PS2, but it wasn't what he wanted in a console, if you like it, take it, you don't deserve a game all you ever do is write stupid poems, not very structured, Dan gobbles on about the dreamcast and only the dreamcast, ARTY does the same about the PS2, but ANT is the only one I have seen appologise but only because he was so blatently wrong and only after every wrote in to say so he said he was mildly wrong. na, I don't think that's right at all. He won a game, so, are you so bitter, if you want a game write some better unbiased original letters for SR, instead of writting argumentitive letters about other people.
Tue 03/10/00 at 19:19
Regular
I'm gonna kinda come to Dans defence here, as he is also looking foward to the X-Box and Gamecube, if not PS2...
So I suppose hes not AS biased, even if we all are, in our little ways...
Except me of course, I'm not biased...
:)
Tue 03/10/00 at 19:24
I don't think that SR reward writers who only write unbiased stuff, or sensible stuff for that matter, they just seem to award the game to anyone who has written something they can use a quote from and is mildly interesting or entertaining.
BTW: Before anyone jumps down my throat, I didn't mean that Grix and the others don't write excellent stuff or whatever, I'm just pointing out what I believe to be SRs policy for rewarding. I enjoy reading most of the 'letters' on this forum, bar the ones that try to tell people off for their views.
Tue 03/10/00 at 20:06
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I prefer my posts to be totally unbiased. Just because I think that the Playstation is the greatest of all the console gaming systems to date does not mean that I have to mention it in all of my posts. As for an opinion, I have many, and change them daily as none of them are fixed. I think.
Can we please stick to the future of gaming? It's the only topic that I can really say with honesty that I know as much about anyone else as opposed to topics where you have to be factual. At least with the future of gaming I can let my imagination soar, my ruminations rumble, and get my swearing censored. I thank you.
Tue 03/10/00 at 20:54
Regular
UREA watches all...
(But who will police the police eh?)
Special Reserve.
(Smart airse.)
Tue 03/10/00 at 21:25
Regular
I think Fogmaster must be thinking of the wrong Dan because my message was anti bias.
I didn't think Grix was being biased either.
He did have a good point about FMV and that won him a game.
I wish I'd thought of it first!
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.