GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Legend of Zelda Timeline"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons'.
Sun 24/11/02 at 15:05
Regular
In the beginning, three God's created Hyrule, and upon their departure from the land, the Tri-Force was formed at the point they left for The Golden Land (Sacred Realm).

Centuries later, the Book Of Modura talks about the awesome power that the Tri-Force will bring for those who find it. It speaks of travellers who come from many miles away to search for the sacred golden triangle.

Rauru, one of the Sage's, constructs the Temple of Time, so that only the true Hero of Time could possibly get to the Sacred Realm.

The events of the Ocarina of Time occurred here. These events later became known as 'The Imprisoning War', and are outlined below...

Hyrule grew into a dominant kingdom that neighbours looked up to. Near the central city of Hyrule, there sat an immense forest, home to a race of little children called the Kokiri. Since the Kokiri were young, they had fairies to guard and assist them, except one lonely child, whose name was Link.

Link had very dark nightmares for the past few nights. As soon as his eyelids grew heavy, Link would see himself standing in front of an enormous castle gate with towers that soared into the blackened sky. That gate would open and a white horse would gallop past with two riders on the horse's back. As soon as they left, another rider appeared, this one on a black steed wearing dark clothing. Then Link would wake up, and this is where he would be summoned by the Great Deku Tree for his quest.

He has to save the land of Hyrule from the evil Gerudo-King, Ganondorf. Ganondorf has been hired by the King of Hyrule, but fortunately the King's daughter, Princess Zelda, can see through Ganondorf. The King of Evil is unable to keep his plan about entering the Sacred Realm, and steal the Tri-Force, from the young Zelda.

The events of Majora's Mask occurred here, and are outlined below...

Majora's Mask takes place a few months after The Imprisoning War. Link is restless and unable to find peace, and therefore he goes looking for his lost friend, the fairy Navi. One day when he is out looking, he meets Skull Kid. Skull Kid is wearing Majora's Mask, which he has stolen from the Happy Mask Shop Owner. Skull Kid, accompanied by two sibling fairies, Tael and Tatl, steals Link's Ocarina, and his beloved horse Epona. In a desperate bid to follow and get back his precious belongings, Link follows Skull Kid, but suddenly finds himself standing in the middle of another dimension, and even worse, Skull Kid has turned him into a Deku Scrub. The problems don't stop there. The moon is also about to fall and destroy the land of Termina.

The Tri-Force went to the King, and after he died, his son, the Prince only got a piece of the Tri-Force. A magician close to the King was told that Zelda knew where the missing pieces were. Zelda wouldn't speak so the magician put her into an eternal sleep.

The Prince placed Zelda in a room in the castle, hoping someday someone could awake her. He ordered that every child born into the royal family should be named Zelda.

Centuries later, memories of the Imprisoning War have faded. The King ordered into the Sacred Realm and put up a reward for anyone who could break the Sages seal which was still intact. Agahnim opened the seal and the King made him chief advisor.

Events of A Link to the Past occurred here...

Knowing that the time of destiny was drawing near, Princess Zelda telepathically contacted he whom she knew to be the legendary Hero of Hyrule. Meanwhile, Link was sound asleep in bed as a rainstorm pounded on the roof of his uncle's house. His uncle was one of the last knights who had not fallen under Agahnim's spell. Zelda's telepathic plea woke both of them, but Link's uncle thought the message was meant for him, or didn't wish for Link to get involved. Taking his Sword and Shield, and commanding Link not to leave the house, Link's uncle headed for the castle.

Link sneaked through to the castle, defeating Agahnim's soldiers as he went along. He reached the dungeon, and there found Princess Zelda in a cell, guarded by a Ball and Chain Trooper. Link defeated the guard, and with the guard's Key freed Zelda. She led him to the throne room. Link was on a mission to defeat the evil Agahnim.

An evil sorcerer called Agahnim ruled Hyrule, and had used his power to free Ganon from the Dark World. Link not only has to rescue princess Zelda and defeat Agahnim, but all the seven Sages need to be freed before Ganon can once again be locked up in the Dark World.

Link set out on a mission of training. The events of Link's Awakening occurred here...

In his quest to rouse Princess Zelda from an unnatural slumber, it was necessary for Link to use his raft to cross the Great Sea to reach Eastern Hyrule. During the crossing, Link became hopelessly sidetracked and found himself shipwrecked on Koholint Island. While on the island, Link helped its inhabitants by waking the Wind Fish. The magical effects of waking the Wind Fish caused the entire ordeal to remain forever clouded in Link's memory, and he never quite knew whether he had dreamed the entire adventure, or whether he had once again slipped into a parallel universe.

Link awoke from his nightmare on Koholint Island and he was shipwrecked far from Hyrule. He never returned to Hyrule.

Many years passed. Arn, a descendent of Link, had a child and called it Link. Link left 'Calatia' in search of adventure.

Link ended up in Hyrule and helped a women being attacked. She was Impa. Impa told Link about Hyrule and Zelda.

Hyrule had declined and had few remaining signs of it's earlier glory. Ganon was to blame. He had the Tri-Force of Power, and was searching for the others. At this point the events of the first Zelda game, Legend of Zelda, took place...

After the above events, Link, taking his time to relax, was taken by surprise when the King of evil once again broke the Sages seal, and returned back to the world of Hyrule with evil plans. Ganon not only captured Zelda, but also shattered the Tri-Force of Wisdom into eight pieces that were spread out over the land of Hyrule. Link not only had to save the princess, he also had to save her part of the Tri-Force as well.

After more travelling, Link discovers North Palace, where the eternal sleeping Zelda is, at which point the events of the second Zelda game occur...

With Ganon out the picture this time, a mysterious sorcerer was the bad guy here. The sorcerer had placed a spell on Zelda, putting her into an eternal sleep. It came to Link's knowledge that the sorcerer had fled to a ruin of the Great Palace, and that the only way to break the curse, was to gather all the shattered pieces of the broken Crystal. As the hero he was, and still is, he accepted the challenge, and defeated the evil sorcerer.

Link's struggle with Ganon has not ended. No tale is told on how either was conquered. Perhaps the two never ended their struggle, and Ganon survived to terrorize the next hero in Link's bloodline. Until that tale is told, we may never know the fate of Hyrule...
Tue 26/11/02 at 16:39
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Personally I reckon it was all a story made up by a load of Japanese people working for a videogames firm in Kyoto, quite possibly written on the back of a fag packet after a moment of clarity in the middle of a strip joint.

But that's just my opinion.
Tue 26/11/02 at 13:05
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Somehow I doubt that story, it seems more likely that it was the same Link, and like what happened at the end of Zelda 64:OOT, he had his memory erased, after all why base the entire series on the Tri-force, Zelda and the multiple quest's of Link if it wasn't the same Link.THE Link is a critical part of the story, and it just wouldn't feel right if the Link we've come to love isn't the same.On the fact that after the Wind Fish adventure he drifted off and never returned to Hyrule, it would seem more likely that he was teleported back by magic or some suchlike force, like he was at the very beginning of the GBC games (Ages and Seasons).

After all what is the point of learning to love and develop ther character if it is a different character with a different personality, with only the same poxy clothes and looks.
That history all smells a bit too much like fan-fiction to me.
Still only my views!

P.S who remembers the old Legend of Zelda animated TV show, what with the new Cell-Shaded looking Zelda, wouldn't now be a better than ever to reshow them.

Gah. I'm going all nostalgic now- and I'm only 15!
Sun 24/11/02 at 19:43
Regular
Is that story true? Or did you mae it up to fit the games?

It's confusing, so theres been one Zelda the whole time, eternally sleeping, while at the same time another girl in her bloodline also called Zelda has been alive and saving the world with one of the Links...

Bah, give me The Theory Of Everything anyday..
Sun 24/11/02 at 19:32
"The Will of D."
I suppose he searched the internet for that info, that's why I knew all of those things before hand. Anyway good post but I'm not so sure it GADable.
Sun 24/11/02 at 17:34
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
You know there once was a game of Zelda that was't on the Cube but it was not released because it sucked so bad. One of the playable charcters was Zelda and she had to do this cheesy quest. This game wasn't made by the Zelda creators though. Confusing huh.
Sun 24/11/02 at 17:31
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Arrrrrggggggh!

heh.

Sorry.

Trying to contain inner feelings..............

Good post.
Sun 24/11/02 at 15:46
Regular
"^_^"
Zelda is great, and it does help alot to have some one list the story lines. Well done!
Sun 24/11/02 at 15:36
Regular
That brilliant!
if i was giving the GAD awards you would certainly win it!

and, i agree Zelda is amazing!
the Cel shading in my opinion is a good step forward!
Sun 24/11/02 at 15:34
Regular
Good post WelshMiyamoto - a sure GAD contender. You're up against the mighty RM18, though :D.
Sun 24/11/02 at 15:17
Regular
"^_^"
You do like your Zelda!

And rightly so!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.