GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Good things come to those who wait...."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/03/02 at 23:10
Regular
It happened with GTA 3, it happened with GT 3, it even happened with SOE, and now its happening again. The forums are flooding in with loads of talk about MGS 2. As the game arrives on your door steps, or from the store most of you come and play on it and post your thoughts on here, which is all good i suppose.

But what about those people that are unlucky enough not to get the game a day early, and have to wait the whole 24 hours later while the rest of you gloat about how good you think it is. Well, to be honest, while it bothers some who mope around sobing as there MGS 2 did not come, i dont, im a wise old one.

Why? Well i know that as i get mine later, i will still be enjoying the game when you lot have possibly already finsished it (depends how much you played it). Some of you have booked off work, or just skipping school, but im not, im going to college for the day, knowing that the game that i want is at home waiting for me. But then, if its not, i wont mind, ill get it saturday, and still be just enjoying it when you may have finished it, and replaying it. I will be seeing all the knew things which you already have.

Those Guiness adverts were right.....good things do come to those who wait.

Thats what i keep telling myself anyway.
Thu 07/03/02 at 23:10
Regular
"360: swfcman"
It happened with GTA 3, it happened with GT 3, it even happened with SOE, and now its happening again. The forums are flooding in with loads of talk about MGS 2. As the game arrives on your door steps, or from the store most of you come and play on it and post your thoughts on here, which is all good i suppose.

But what about those people that are unlucky enough not to get the game a day early, and have to wait the whole 24 hours later while the rest of you gloat about how good you think it is. Well, to be honest, while it bothers some who mope around sobing as there MGS 2 did not come, i dont, im a wise old one.

Why? Well i know that as i get mine later, i will still be enjoying the game when you lot have possibly already finsished it (depends how much you played it). Some of you have booked off work, or just skipping school, but im not, im going to college for the day, knowing that the game that i want is at home waiting for me. But then, if its not, i wont mind, ill get it saturday, and still be just enjoying it when you may have finished it, and replaying it. I will be seeing all the knew things which you already have.

Those Guiness adverts were right.....good things do come to those who wait.

Thats what i keep telling myself anyway.
Thu 07/03/02 at 23:54
Regular
Me too, i didn't get it today neither. I've got a cold so i'll i be off school tomorrow. that means when/if it comes i'll at least have half the game done :-(
I wont be able to help myself though. I dont think I'm gonna make it last.
Fri 08/03/02 at 07:13
Regular
Well put. I didn't get mine yesterday and I am going to college today. If it isn't there when I get home I'll...I'll

*breaks down*
Fri 08/03/02 at 08:22
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Mine arrived just now. I ordered it on Wednesday afternoon. I'm very impressed with SR and my postman at this moment in time.

Trouble is I can't play it yet as I've got some people screaming at me on IRC about an attack I've got going in Planetarion, and that's gonna take about 3 hours to sort out.

Unless, of course, I just pull the plug on IRC...

heh...
Fri 08/03/02 at 13:07
Regular
GOt it this morning, but i just dont feel the urge to play it...I dont know what it is, happens with a lot of games with me. Maybe I have too many games? Too much choice? Maybe fear of addiction?

I dunno, I probably wont play it till later on in the weekend though..
Fri 08/03/02 at 16:54
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Or?ega wrote:
> GOt it this morning, but i just dont feel the urge to play it...I dont know what
> it is, happens with a lot of games with me. Maybe I have too many games? Too
> much choice? Maybe fear of addiction?

The same happened to me, but once ur into it, i.e. half through the tanker level or at the end of it...

you'll wont be able to get enuff of it...
Fri 08/03/02 at 18:19
good to see your thinking positive Pro Evo
Fri 08/03/02 at 18:20
Regular
Or†ega wrote:
> GOt it this morning, but i just dont feel the urge to play it...I dont know what
> it is, happens with a lot of games with me. Maybe I have too many games? Too
> much choice? Maybe fear of addiction?

I dunno, I probably wont play it till
> later on in the weekend though..

Strange...very strange...

*goes off to play MGS 2*
Fri 08/03/02 at 18:32
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
I've waited patiently all day, staring at the door, staring at the tv, staring at my ps2 while it sits there without any MGS2 to play :(

I do hope the postman will be kinder tomorrow!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.