GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New PC - Off Topic but help would be appreciated"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/11/02 at 11:52
Regular
I have posted a message over on the PC boards but know you guys on this board a bit better so I think I can trust some off your opinions.

I am in the market for a new PC for my house ( I am on my business one now) and am thinking about the SR 2.4ghz maxx 4D

I realise it would be unfair to recomend other companies but can anyone advise possible pro's and con's of this system

Is it worthwhile upgrading any off the components and do you agree with my idea about going for the more affordable 2.4ghz and upgrade it in a year or two when I could pick up a 2.8ghz for a quarter of the price

Any help would be appreciated
Mon 25/11/02 at 14:02
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
I do not live near a shop and live in the North of Scotland so reliability is a big concern. If it was not SR who would you consider?
Mon 25/11/02 at 12:10
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Hi, I am buying a new PC after Xmas, we all wanted the latest technology at a bargain price, but you can't have it.
Best thing to do is set yourself a budget of how much you want to spend and sitck to it.
Just make sure your motherboard will be upgradeable to xxxx speed processor in the 12/18/24 months time when it is cheaper to upgrade.
There are cheaper places to buy PC systems but SR's peace of mind counts for a lot (especially if you live near a store)
Mon 25/11/02 at 12:04
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Actually this does belong in the PC games forum, there are plenty of people who will help you out there.
Mon 25/11/02 at 11:52
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
I have posted a message over on the PC boards but know you guys on this board a bit better so I think I can trust some off your opinions.

I am in the market for a new PC for my house ( I am on my business one now) and am thinking about the SR 2.4ghz maxx 4D

I realise it would be unfair to recomend other companies but can anyone advise possible pro's and con's of this system

Is it worthwhile upgrading any off the components and do you agree with my idea about going for the more affordable 2.4ghz and upgrade it in a year or two when I could pick up a 2.8ghz for a quarter of the price

Any help would be appreciated

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.