GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GAD Entries"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/11/02 at 12:24
Regular
I don't know about you, but I cba reading all these 10 page essays grasping for a GAD. Whenever I see one I instantly move on, unless the first couple of lines grab my attention or I know the poster has pedigree. Ironic considering they're supposed to promote chat, heh.

DISCUSS:
Mon 25/11/02 at 18:11
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Some of the GAD wins/effort are long winded and serious and really get a serious point across, however some of the ones that win are not even intended to win, funny stories or humourous posts tend to win 2 or 3 times a week aswell. I generally dont have time to read the longer posts except on weekends. I think Special reserve can see when someone has gone "all out" in an attempt to win and they would sooner reward someone who has written with a passion about a subject than someone who has spent 3 hours reserching so they can get a free game.

The moral? Dont try!
Mon 25/11/02 at 16:24
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
I personally think AliBoy overestimates SR as his posts are f'n huge. But people like RM18 and 1/2pint's Prime posts are about the right size, I'd say. Oh, and mine, go read, heh.
Mon 25/11/02 at 13:07
"possibly impossible"
Some ARE long and NOT boring though, and prime is there deliberately for longer, more thought out posts.

Personally, I don't post in there unless I have something to say (as opposed to deliberately thinking up something to say). But you do need longer posts to discuss gaming topics as well as innane chatter!
Mon 25/11/02 at 13:01
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I've done quite a bit of boring rambling in Prime in the past, but in the end, I think shorter funny posts are much better.
Mon 25/11/02 at 13:00
Regular
"bing bang bong"
I do expect it, and ultimately condone the GAD practise, although I never put enough effort/talent/humour into my posts to swag one myself.

Who knows, maybe if I typed a load of random speil one of the staff members will forget his glasses and misread it as something brilliant.

ABSDBMSDB:LMSDB:LSFN:EROGJKWE{VPK|SV:MDABG{OAWJFAENRBAS:NVs etc
Mon 25/11/02 at 12:58
Regular
I can't understant the mentality that makes people write some of the crap that goes into Prime, some of it's just so drawn out and boring.
Mon 25/11/02 at 12:31
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Not all GAD winning posts are long and boring. Lots are short, to the point and funny.
Mon 25/11/02 at 12:30
"Darkness, always"
Most of the posts that go on to win GAD aren't worthy of my attention.

But some of them are. Therefore I try to give as many posts a read as possible.

You never know, you might learn something.
Mon 25/11/02 at 12:30
Regular
If people never tried to get a GAD, then there would be no such thing as a GAD for best post. However, there is such a thing as getting a GAD for best post, so you should expect loads of poeple to write GAD posts. It's SR's why of keeping people interested in the forum.
Mon 25/11/02 at 12:24
Regular
"bing bang bong"
I don't know about you, but I cba reading all these 10 page essays grasping for a GAD. Whenever I see one I instantly move on, unless the first couple of lines grab my attention or I know the poster has pedigree. Ironic considering they're supposed to promote chat, heh.

DISCUSS:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.