GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Original or Pointless"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/11/02 at 20:00
Regular
Spiderman, Men In Black 2, they are both great films. They have excitement, drama and lots of the action. What more could you want? I'll tell you what, why not make a video game to make all our fans happy. That would be a great idea... if these games were not such stinkers. I mean why make a game if it is nearly always going to be terrible. There's no point.

Every day I go into a games store I walk around looking for great games like Pikmin and Halo and what do I find? I find about 2 copies of the original Pikmin and Halo and more than ten of Spiderman and Stuart Little. It's so annoying to know that these games are getting treated with more respect than the high scoring, awsome ones.

Take Pikmin for example. Shigeru Miyamoto's masterpiece, which it is. It's fun, original, great looking and sounding, and has obviously had a lot of effort and time put into it, but why is it hidden in the shadows so the likes of Resident Evil's zombies can get their grubby paws on them. Men In Black 2. Well what can I say? My brother rented this game out and it has got to be one of the most pointless games ever. Shoot, hide, shoot, hide... yawn. It's not fun, it's not original, it looks below average and sounds dull, and you can obviously see that nowhere near as much effort has been put in compared to Halo and Pikmin.

You can also see the unfair, stupid things going on in the gaming world by taking a look at the charts. Why? Why the heck is Spiderman and Stuart Little doing better than Super Smash Bros. Melee and Halo? Why? It does seem like something is going on and it's rather odd.

Taking a look at my friends and their consoles, I don't see any of them buying Spiderman or Tarzan or Stuart Little 2. The games they buy are Luigi's Mansion or Halo or Grand Theft Auto 3. I don't know anyone who would give these games a chance. Maybe renting them but not buying.

Okay maybe I'm being harsh now because there are some excellent games/films out there. Goldeneye was considered as one of the best first person shooters ever. Not all games/films are total rubbish. On the odd occasion there is a good game I will buy it and not slaughter it. It has the right to be in the top twenty or ten. But it's games that are obviously going stink that really anger me. Don't you agree?

But is it to do with the developers and their skill at making good games. It's a possibility. A big possibility. Rare had proved me wrong back in the good old Nintendo 64 days when they released an absolute stunner of a game. A massive 94% from magazines and the respect of every gamer whether you like James Bond or not. Then EA came along. Nintendo need a shooter. But was Agent Under Fire the one. (Okay it may not be a real game/film, but James Bond is a film and this counts.) Well no. I can say that it was miles off. 70% and 7/10 where the highest it got and yet another disappointing game/film was added to the chart of failure.

If you were to look at this chart of great games/films, average and terrrible, you'd find a jungle of terribles and a masacre of averages but when you look in the greats column it would contain at most about.... 10. This gives you the idea of heaven hell and purgatory. Thus I hope this proves my point, and if you've forgotten it then here it is again... (ahem) Games/films are terrible! Think before making a Harry Potter or Stuart Little game.

And this applies for television programmes too. I have no idea how the Gamecube will pull off Survivor as a game. Tapping buttons while waiting over 24 hours on a log and trying to win some rubbish necklace. And Simpsons Road Rage is the most obvious rip-off game I've ever seen. The least the developers could do is change the game a bit.

I can see it all now. Scary Movie 3 being released in the cinemas and everyone rushing to see it. Then someone with the best idea ever says, "let's make it a game." The game will involve you killing people, but in a hillarious way. (Shudders) Game/films/televison suck. Stop this guys its horrible and stupid. Resident Evil, Mario Sunshine and other classics should be the future.

Thanks for reading everyone.
Mon 25/11/02 at 21:31
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I swear, I think I've read that before, not sure though. Damned memory! Just bits I recognise, as if I've read it before. Ah well.
Mon 25/11/02 at 20:02
Regular
I guess, but maybe, just maybe, so many people had been buying the TOP CLASS games, that they were running out of stock....
Mon 25/11/02 at 20:00
Regular
"I Control All Pikmi"
Spiderman, Men In Black 2, they are both great films. They have excitement, drama and lots of the action. What more could you want? I'll tell you what, why not make a video game to make all our fans happy. That would be a great idea... if these games were not such stinkers. I mean why make a game if it is nearly always going to be terrible. There's no point.

Every day I go into a games store I walk around looking for great games like Pikmin and Halo and what do I find? I find about 2 copies of the original Pikmin and Halo and more than ten of Spiderman and Stuart Little. It's so annoying to know that these games are getting treated with more respect than the high scoring, awsome ones.

Take Pikmin for example. Shigeru Miyamoto's masterpiece, which it is. It's fun, original, great looking and sounding, and has obviously had a lot of effort and time put into it, but why is it hidden in the shadows so the likes of Resident Evil's zombies can get their grubby paws on them. Men In Black 2. Well what can I say? My brother rented this game out and it has got to be one of the most pointless games ever. Shoot, hide, shoot, hide... yawn. It's not fun, it's not original, it looks below average and sounds dull, and you can obviously see that nowhere near as much effort has been put in compared to Halo and Pikmin.

You can also see the unfair, stupid things going on in the gaming world by taking a look at the charts. Why? Why the heck is Spiderman and Stuart Little doing better than Super Smash Bros. Melee and Halo? Why? It does seem like something is going on and it's rather odd.

Taking a look at my friends and their consoles, I don't see any of them buying Spiderman or Tarzan or Stuart Little 2. The games they buy are Luigi's Mansion or Halo or Grand Theft Auto 3. I don't know anyone who would give these games a chance. Maybe renting them but not buying.

Okay maybe I'm being harsh now because there are some excellent games/films out there. Goldeneye was considered as one of the best first person shooters ever. Not all games/films are total rubbish. On the odd occasion there is a good game I will buy it and not slaughter it. It has the right to be in the top twenty or ten. But it's games that are obviously going stink that really anger me. Don't you agree?

But is it to do with the developers and their skill at making good games. It's a possibility. A big possibility. Rare had proved me wrong back in the good old Nintendo 64 days when they released an absolute stunner of a game. A massive 94% from magazines and the respect of every gamer whether you like James Bond or not. Then EA came along. Nintendo need a shooter. But was Agent Under Fire the one. (Okay it may not be a real game/film, but James Bond is a film and this counts.) Well no. I can say that it was miles off. 70% and 7/10 where the highest it got and yet another disappointing game/film was added to the chart of failure.

If you were to look at this chart of great games/films, average and terrrible, you'd find a jungle of terribles and a masacre of averages but when you look in the greats column it would contain at most about.... 10. This gives you the idea of heaven hell and purgatory. Thus I hope this proves my point, and if you've forgotten it then here it is again... (ahem) Games/films are terrible! Think before making a Harry Potter or Stuart Little game.

And this applies for television programmes too. I have no idea how the Gamecube will pull off Survivor as a game. Tapping buttons while waiting over 24 hours on a log and trying to win some rubbish necklace. And Simpsons Road Rage is the most obvious rip-off game I've ever seen. The least the developers could do is change the game a bit.

I can see it all now. Scary Movie 3 being released in the cinemas and everyone rushing to see it. Then someone with the best idea ever says, "let's make it a game." The game will involve you killing people, but in a hillarious way. (Shudders) Game/films/televison suck. Stop this guys its horrible and stupid. Resident Evil, Mario Sunshine and other classics should be the future.

Thanks for reading everyone.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.