GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Space Mutants"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/03/02 at 14:56
Regular
My favourite Simpsons scene ever:

Ranier Wolfcastle: "My new film is a mixture of Action, und Comedy. It's called McBain, lets get silly."
*Cut to film footage. Ranier Wolfcastle, aka McBain, is doing standup*
RW: "Have you ever noticed how men always leave the toilet seat up?"
*pause*
RW: "That's the joke."
Man in Audience: "You suck McBain!"
*RW pulls out a sub machine gun, and fires at will. the audience screams*
RW: "Now for my Woody Allen impression. I'm a neurotic moron who likes to sleep with little girls"
MIA: "That really sucked!"
*RW takes a grenade, pulls pin and throws it into the audience. the ensueing explosion sends drinks and a chair flying on stage.*

Why can't anyone bring out a Simpsons licence game which is even close to the standard of the TV show it represents? Surely there is some scope, within all of the brilliantly funny ideas and massive writing talent, to produce a simpsons game which is both enjoyable to play and original?
Simpsons Road Rage was a clear take on Crazy Taxi, Simpsons Wrestling is rubbish, and don't even get me started on Bart vs The Space Mutants (how i miss my Amiga 500)! And I hear that the next Simpsons licence will be a skateboarding game. Hasn't Tony Hawk done this genre 3 times already?

I guess it must have something to do with the sheer size of the Simpsons fan base. Maybe there is no games publisher on earth who can resist the enticement of all that glorious easy money for long enough to keep a Simpsons game in production until it is a truly polished product.

It just seems like a shame. There must be so many possibilities, but they never appear. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Thu 07/03/02 at 17:04
"...Unicef pennies.."
Or how about

Jay Sherman: "Hey, Your shoes are untied!"
Wolfcastle: "From here they appear to be tied, but i will go in for a closer look."
* Wolfcastle bends down. Time passes. it gets dark. *
RW: "on closer inspection, these are loafers."

Genius character!

Also, can anyone tell me where i can go to get the simpsons arcade emulation? cheers.
Thu 07/03/02 at 16:57
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> The Simpsons Arcade was by far the best. Not the crappy PC version that's been
> sleeping with all the nerds, the ballsy proper arcade one you can emulate.

My parents used to force me to go to a sport centre every week, but I used to skip it (like that Simpsons's episode where Bart skips Karate - see the irony?) to play the Simpsons 4 player arcade machine they had in the sport centre lobby. No wonder I'm turning into the fat nerd I am, instead of the athletic wunder-kid I should have been *weeps*.

Fave Wolfcastle bit:

RW: "I like your jacket, it makes you look like a homosexual"
Audience: "Booooooo"
RW: "Maybe you are all homosexuals?"

I'm cracking up just thinking about it.
Thu 07/03/02 at 15:32
Regular
"not dead"
A: "Hmm, the girl, what does the girl have?"

B: "Lisa? She plays saxaphone, we could use that!"

A: "Nope, little girls should have skipping ropes!"
Thu 07/03/02 at 15:26
Regular
Yup. Homer punched everyone, Marge whacked them with her politically correct hoover, Lisa smacked them with her skipping rope...?, and Bart whapped them with his skateboard.
Thu 07/03/02 at 15:17
Regular
"not dead"
Yeah, the four player one, where Maggie got kidnapped for using a diamond as a pacifier.

Homer ruled in that game.

Plus you had double team movies when playing with a friend.
Thu 07/03/02 at 15:11
Regular
The Simpsons Arcade was by far the best. Not the crappy PC version that's been sleeping with all the nerds, the ballsy proper arcade one you can emulate.
Thu 07/03/02 at 15:04
"...Unicef pennies.."
Meka Dragon wrote:
> Apparently Matt Groening will be involved in the Futurama game, hoping to keep
> some of the spirit of the show about it. Funny he basardises his other show, The
> Simpsons in such a way then?

Very peculiar indeed. Maybe he knows something we don't about the Simpsons, e.g it's nearing the end of it's useful life.

Still very hipocritical though. Especially when i see him on TV talking about the pride he takes in Simpsons merchandise and how he sues cheap knock off merchants. Why Aren't Simpsons games considered Simpsons Merchandise? hmm...
Thu 07/03/02 at 14:59
Regular
"not dead"
Apparently Matt Groening will be involved in the Futurama game, hoping to keep some of the spirit of the show about it. Funny he basardises his other show, The Simpsons in such a way then?
Thu 07/03/02 at 14:56
"...Unicef pennies.."
My favourite Simpsons scene ever:

Ranier Wolfcastle: "My new film is a mixture of Action, und Comedy. It's called McBain, lets get silly."
*Cut to film footage. Ranier Wolfcastle, aka McBain, is doing standup*
RW: "Have you ever noticed how men always leave the toilet seat up?"
*pause*
RW: "That's the joke."
Man in Audience: "You suck McBain!"
*RW pulls out a sub machine gun, and fires at will. the audience screams*
RW: "Now for my Woody Allen impression. I'm a neurotic moron who likes to sleep with little girls"
MIA: "That really sucked!"
*RW takes a grenade, pulls pin and throws it into the audience. the ensueing explosion sends drinks and a chair flying on stage.*

Why can't anyone bring out a Simpsons licence game which is even close to the standard of the TV show it represents? Surely there is some scope, within all of the brilliantly funny ideas and massive writing talent, to produce a simpsons game which is both enjoyable to play and original?
Simpsons Road Rage was a clear take on Crazy Taxi, Simpsons Wrestling is rubbish, and don't even get me started on Bart vs The Space Mutants (how i miss my Amiga 500)! And I hear that the next Simpsons licence will be a skateboarding game. Hasn't Tony Hawk done this genre 3 times already?

I guess it must have something to do with the sheer size of the Simpsons fan base. Maybe there is no games publisher on earth who can resist the enticement of all that glorious easy money for long enough to keep a Simpsons game in production until it is a truly polished product.

It just seems like a shame. There must be so many possibilities, but they never appear. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.